Gehn.5 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.5 Live!

Postby Annabelle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Oddly... ;) :lol:

I've just stood inside the bahro stone's rock while debugging the physicals!!! in MOULa.

So it's there! Where there's a stand to hold something, there MUST be the thing to stand over it (aka the Descent Bahro Stone!) :D

...ohh I almost forgot... on Deep Island shard, the above-mentionned stand is there and hold...the Descent Bahro Stone :D

EDIT:

After visiting the original location of the stone, I went to the "new" location :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you can debug the physicals, go at the end of the Tokotah Alley, you'll laugh. They, Cyan, came with an "artistic" solution. They inserted the Descent Bahro Stone (nearly 75% of it) inside the collisions surrounding the ruins around.

So...with just 2 little physicals debugs, I proved that the Descent Bahro Stone MIGHT not be anymore in Gahreesen file BUT SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS REMAINED in Gahreesen since the beginning. Cyan just did a work-around badly designed to fit the "Leap of faith" we had in URU CC.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Paradox » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

Annabelle wrote:So...with just 2 little physicals debugs, I proved that the Descent Bahro Stone MIGHT not be anymore in Gahreesen file BUT SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS REMAINED in Gahreesen since the beginning. Cyan just did a work-around badly designed to fit the "Leap of faith" we had in URU CC.

The Descent Bahro stone has moved around a lot. At some point it was in Gahreesen, on one of the other rock pinnacles. That might have been in Choru though.
In Uru ABM, if you hack your way into the city and enable it, it's in Tokotah Alley, but not at the end. It's hidden behind one of the pillars opposite the Nexus terminal.
In To D'ni, there was the shell symbol, which remained in PotS.
In MOUL, they added a Bahro stone at the very end, in the rubble.

I rather liked it at the side of the alley, but I don't remember whether it was a book or a Bahro stone...
Paradox

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

Well, I just went in to check. Unless I'm missing something, only the rock shelf for the stone exists (toggled by the state of grsnBahroStoneToShaftVis). The actual linking stone seems to be missing. It's just a ShowHide for the SceneObject bahroStoneRockBase. The BahroRockBook SO from TPotS is not in MOULa's data files. Looks like there is no simple enabling of the old stone, Annabelle. :/ Sorry.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 am

Deledrius wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:What you are setting is in fact the toggle chance. If you set it to 100 it always toggles on or off when an explorer links in (unless another explorer is in the proximity region). If you want a stone to be always visible you set both the visible and enabled variables to true and the chance variable to 0.

I noticed that they were toggles when I initially set them to 100% chance with a positive visibility and it would disable them without fail. In response I set them to not visible and left the 100% chance of toggle. In theory this should be functionally equivalent to visible with a 0% chance of toggle, should it not?

No, that would still be a 100% toggle chance. With the toggle chance > 0 it does not matter how you set the visible variable because it is managed by the chance variable. I suspect you had the enabled variable set to false. That will ALWAYS disable the stone.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 am

Thanks for the clarification, D'Lanor. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby oldmanjob » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 am

Went to Er'cana, rode the hopper into the factory, pressed the lever to send it back out and was disconnected, so could not push the shell symbol inside. When i got back on the game I deleted the book and went back and started all over again. The problem is that the book did not delete and the age stayed the same. Exited the the game and logged in again, went to watchers pub and started all over and nothing changed.
oldmanjob

Postby Ron Landry » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:43 am

Thanks for your clarification and information here, Annabelle. I agree. From an IC perspective those randomly Bahro Stones are not a bug but a feature. :D
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard