Gehn.5 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.5 Live!

Postby Branan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 am

Right now, it looks like the options are to either go back to the locked 30FPS game, or keep the nosedive. I know it's an inconvenience, but ultimately the nosedive will hopefully be fixed by other upgrades to the physics system. And I hope we can all agree that the smoother overall game is worth the extra click on your relto book when you log in.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:12 am

Deledrius wrote:
janaba wrote:The Kadish and Teledahn Bahro stones in Ae'gura are missing now, Descent is there ...

I checked them when we first brought the server back up and Descent and Kadish was there but Teledahn was not. In theory both Kadish and Teledahn are "random" but I thought I set the chance to 100%. Perhaps there's something I failed to understand about it. At any rate, if you don't see them during one visit, try again some other time; it checks when you link in to an Age whether to show them, as long as no one else is around to catch the Bahro Delivery Service van.

What you are setting is in fact the toggle chance. If you set it to 100 it always toggles on or off when an explorer links in (unless another explorer is in the proximity region). If you want a stone to be always visible you set both the visible and enabled variables to true and the chance variable to 0.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Annabelle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:50 am

Like I said yesterday on the Writers' IRC Channel...

I don't want to go to the bad graphics of MOULa that looks like I'm playing this game with a PC built in 2004 when that's not the reality at all!!!!

My PC is a high end one built in early 2011. On MOULa, no joke!, my 2007 PC has better graphics than this new PC!

I think, like Branan said, we can live with the fact that we dive into our Relto until they can find a solution.

A new shard like Gehn will always have bugs. Memory fades with time...think of TOC MOUL in its early days LOL, it was bug infected.

MOULa re-open as early as January 2010. I have a quest made by an explorer around the 10th of January 2010. But the OFFICIAL opening date was a whole month later. What do you think these guys were doing? Looking for bugs. ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:32 am

If this happens due to unlimited fps then, if I had to choose, I'd choose smoothness and
quality over comfort ... though I wouldn't necessarily diving into Relto and one click to
finally enter that space count as discomfort ... :P

Maybe we should declare this as a feature instead of a bug, I mean, this is really special
and you want to offer special features and options ... this is like riding timelines or
dimensions/realities into another world ... this is Yeesha magic making this possible ... :D
janaba

Postby oldmanjob » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:46 am

I have not been able to get on all week. Keep getting on startup my hard drive may be full :shock:
oldmanjob

Postby Luna » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Ron Landry » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Here some testing notes ....

Bahro Stones in Ae'guera:
Same result as indicated by Deledrius: after several links to Ae'guera via Bahro Stone in Bevin Linking Room or Nexus, it seems, as if the Kadish and Teledahn Bahro stones in Ae'gura both appear randomly. The Bahro Stone to Descent in Ae'guera (Tokotah Alley) seems to be stable.

Relto nose dive:
I've got nose dives after returning from customization closet. Three times in a row! After linking out and back to Relto, this effect has vanished.

Detected improvements:
The climbing ability seems to be generally improved. Great! You can test this walking beyond the island's edges. You can climb up from there to the island:

gehn0031.jpg
Relto island edge
gehn0031.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 5821 times

gehn0032.jpg
gehn0032.jpg (108.54 KiB) Viewed 5821 times

In the room following the KI room in Gahreesen, there is a narrow crack in the floor, in which a Relto Page can be collected. Different from Uru offline and Uru Live! (?) you can jump out of this crack (after collecting the Relto Page). Backlink to Relto is not needed any longer. Great! Seems to be because of improved climbing ability.

testet at: Sun, March 4th, after 3:30pm KI time
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 pm

D'Lanor wrote:What you are setting is in fact the toggle chance. If you set it to 100 it always toggles on or off when an explorer links in (unless another explorer is in the proximity region). If you want a stone to be always visible you set both the visible and enabled variables to true and the chance variable to 0.

I noticed that they were toggles when I initially set them to 100% chance with a positive visibility and it would disable them without fail. In response I set them to not visible and left the 100% chance of toggle. In theory this should be functionally equivalent to visible with a 0% chance of toggle, should it not?

Ron Landry wrote:Bahro Stones in Ae'guera:
The Bahro Stone to Descent in Ae'guera (Tokotah Alley) seems to be stable.

The Descent stone is not chance-toggled in MOULa nor Gehn. If it ever fails to appear, it is a bug.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Ron Landry wrote
Bahro Stones in Ae'guera:
Same result as indicated by Deledrius: after several links to Ae'guera via Bahro Stone in Bevin Linking Room or Nexus, it seems, as if the Kadish and Teledahn Bahro stones in Ae'gura both appear randomly.

The Kadish & Teledahn Bahro stones are coded to be appearing randomly. For an OOC perspective, it's a the coding level. If you download the tool Plasmashop (you can find it somewhere in the GoW's forum DB), you can look at the SDL file for Ae'gura, you'll see what I mean. The same applies in the neighborhood with the "islands" relto page.

For an IC perspective, the Bahro are offering those links to the explorers. They are always moving them between public Ae'gura and privates instances Ae'gura to enable every explorers to use those links.

For the Descent Bahro Stone, it shouldn't be there at all. I don't even understand why after all these years, it stands in Ae'gura!!!! It should be back in Gahreesen on the isolated island with the Maintainers' marker as it was originally coded.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Annabelle wrote:For the Descent Bahro Stone, it shouldn't be there at all. I don't even understand why after all these years, it stands in Ae'gura!!!! It should be back in Gahreesen on the isolated island with the Maintainers' marker as it was originally coded.

But you might say the same about the leap of faith in the alleyway! ;)

BTW, I think I did go looking and the stone no longer exists there in Gahreesen, so it would be (currently) impossible to re-enable it.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard