Cliffhanger capabilities in Eder Gira

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Cliffhanger capabilities in Eder Gira

Postby Ron Landry » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 am

I think, both postings from Annabelle and from Delerius are valuable. They show two different and quite meaningful points of view. And that's great for an open discussion! I love that.

For my part, I'm more concerned about new explorers. Therefore I mostly agree with Deledrius, especially when he writes:
The game didn't let me cheat by simply jumping over barriers, except when Cyan wanted me to. It kept me on the path, so that I didn't accidentally bypass a puzzle, or see something I shouldn't.

Considering both Annabelle's and Deledrius' arguments, it would be a great perspective, if some kind of switch could be realized, giving explorers the possibility to activate/deactivate this advanced climbing capabilities!
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am

Heh, "Gecko Mode". :lol:
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:54 pm

or simply put 2 servers online:

Gehn

&

Anna'behl :lol:

One for the normal intended way the other one for the nasty ones (like me :D )

I just feel that improving the client like Hoikas seems to be thinking about will revoke combos & double-jump because of the "rebouncing" thing he intends to put in place. The main issue and maybe you can't see the whole picture because you can't compare like I'm doing between servers:

1st) Abilities in MOULa DON'T EQUAL abilities in Gehn (minus the cliffhanging). Take the geiko mode away, we won't be able to do half of what we can do on MOULa. I've tested it thoroughly. Some changes made by Hoikas on 1.3 & 1.4 mostly modified a lot of physics behaviors (not something EVERYONE can feel);

2nd) Adding the rebounce of URU:CC will be be desastrous. There's thing we can do in URU:CC with the rebouncing because of the HavoK engine. They won't be reproducible with a physX engine. Just thinking of the roofed collisions and I have furious chills;

3rd) since Christopher from the TOC team grabs every new improvement from Hoikas, we will have now 2 servers going straight to a dead-end for any skydiving activities. The COD even all solidify won't be of any use, if we can't climb somewhere and even if we can, we will stay where the inclination is less than 45 degrees which mean nearly just on ground.

I know 95% of the explorers are puzzle lovers, I'm not an austrich with her head in the sand. You can say...we will implement "/jump" command. Yeah! Go tell that to the skydiving community, they'll laugh! Ok cool! We will launch ourselves in the sky. But beside that, if we can't stand on a collision wall, we will go elsewhere...but what elsewhere?

-------

I have another simpler solution though. It can't apply to TOC because they are not willing for explorers to use Internal Built for whatever their reasons are.

But what about "freezing" the actual abilities in an internal built for Gehn Shard. Spread it out for the Skydiving lovers and let's Hoikas rework the shard so it can fits other wills.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Only fools never change ideas...

Ok do whatever you can Hoikas...please relieve us from these cliffhanger abilities.

It's annoying we don't move naturally at all on ground level, there's no realism with the movements at all. On a little slope of let say 20% angle (in radiant), we can't run or walk we have to jump. I've tested it in COD the only night I could logged there this week.

I think the "rebouncing" effect should remain the one we know in MOULa not the one we find in URU:CC. The best fit so far is the one that you introduced in Gehn 1.3; we were able to combo and double jump and the avatar movements were more natural (uru:cc: knees landing breaking effect).

For those willing to cheat, 2 choices for them:

1st) learn the wall-climbing techniques
2nd) use /jump command when it will be implemented in Gehn

That's it. No more discussion against a correction from my side :D

p.s. If you wonder if I've been bite by a changing-mind fly (<----the insect here), nope, I just realized within an hour on TOC's COD how foolish all these cliffhanging abilities were. Things I've been working my ass off for a whole weekend in COD are now reachable in what??? 2 minutes, it's not even fun!!! :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard