Bug Report: Teledahn

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: Teledahn

Postby Ron Landry » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh dear, there are a couple of bugs, I've found.

1. In the giant hollow mushroom, middle level (which is initially reachable inside a bucket), there are two telescopes. The stairs to the left telescope are blocked. Jumping needed.

2. After opening the manhole in the hut where you linked in, you can go down the ladders. But there is a handicap leaving (or entering) the platform down the first ladder. See attached zipped picture.

3. After walking down both ladders and leaving the pipe thru the opening there is a stairway up to the slave cave. This stairway is partly blocked (right lower side). See attached zipped picture.

4. After leaving the slave cave, behind the second door (near the niche in the wall with a Bahro Stone) the sparkle wasn't there.

5. Later there is a large mushroom with a door high up and a ladder, which should be lowered by using the telesope artillerie to shoot the hanging rocks. But this puzzle is actually devaluated, 'cause of the improved climbing abilities of the avatars. One can simply climb up the wall of the mushroom. See attached zipped picture.

6. After entering the mushroom thru the "normal" door, there is a stairway to the right. The upper treads are blocked. See attached zipped picture.

7. Walking on, the viewing in third person view is partly poor. See attached picture.

Teledahn is solvable! The Bahro cave is reachable. Touching the hand symbol on the wall brings the pillar to your Relto. So far so good.

detected when:
Mon, March 5th, between 8:40 am and

detected with:
Gehn.5 Live!
Attachments
GoW-errors-teledahn.zip
Zipped screenshots with matching numbers
(552.27 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Re: Bug Report: Teledahn

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

I think I should note this here, also ...

As Tsar Hoikas pointed out in this posting, sparklies are not implemented yet. So point 4. can be neglected.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
Ron Landry

Postby johnsojc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 pm

This may be a one off problem, but when I returned to Teledahn to access Phil's Relto, I found that the rocks I had placed on the pressure plates were no longer where I put them. I had to reposition the rocks on the plates.

This is a bit like the fish traps in Eder Gira either reverting back to their original positions or disappearing altogether forcing you to delete the book to get them back.
johnsojc

Postby Rhee » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm

I had that happen too (the pressure plates in Teledahn), johnsojc. I mentioned it in the Physics Bug Roundup thread. It only seemed to happen if I linked out and in, but if you take the time to run the full lap of the age it doesn't bother.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby johnsojc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes, I had no problem completing the Age. I did link out to finish the Prime Ages before coming back to go to Phil's Relto. Even so, I should think the state we leave our private Ages should be preserved a bit better. I happened to revisit Eder Gira (chasing feathers) and noticed that one of the two fish traps from the upper cave had disappeared from where I had most carefully put it to carry those pesky fireflies... not cool.
johnsojc

Postby edm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm

I finished Teledahn and went to the large gate separating the lagoon from the open waters. The gate was visibly in the "up" (visible) position, as it should be.

I pulled the lever, and the gate vanished, then slowly rose up, giving the correct animation for closing (raising) the gate, but the wrong animation considering that the gate was already closed.

Pulling the lever again, the gate sank down as expected.

Evidently the initial state of the gate is incorrectly set, causing the first animation of the gate to be backwards (closing/lowering rather than closing/raising). But visibly the gate looked correct as I played Teledahn.
edm

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:30 am

Ah, maybe this is why I'm not seeing Shroomie - if the gate looks open but is actually closed. I'll experiment!
Acorn

Postby Ron Landry » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 am

Yes. As johnsojc and Rhee noticed, the positions of rocks, baskets or else, which are moved onto pressure plates in the slave cave, get lost, if you link out. If you return, the pressure plates als charged, apparently randomly. In serveral tries I couldn't manage it to link back to Teledahn, finding the same pressure plates be charged.

This problem still exists in Gehn.6 Live!

So actually you have to avoid linking out, to have a chance to reach the Bahro Link Stone in the niche in the room next to the slave cave !!! To reach it you have to run back through the pipe, up the ladders, past the lever platform with the solar umbrella, the broken metal ramp to the lagoon, turn left to the cave corridor ... and further .... to reach the niche from the other side.
Ron Landry

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:41 pm

I had this same problem with the pressure plates in Minkata shard .

In Gehn, when I switched the power back on and pressed the lever for the gate, (which looked open), it suddenly flicked to being closed and then gradually opened again. I opened and shut it again, just to make sure, and then switched off the power again, but still no Shroomie. And I've been back later and still no sign of her.
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:02 am

Ummm.... my experience with Shroomie is merely observational and only in MOULa.

I never saw any relationship to the status of the gate and Shroomie appearances (that's not to say there isn't... I just don't know). The only reliable way I've found to lure Shroomie in is to turn off the sun power tower (Shroomie hates noise), set the bookmark to the cloth near the Bahro cave door, then go operate the feeder out near the vapor miner gun. Then I leave for 24 hrs before returning. I link in via bookmark and (usually) hear Shroomie cry, run out on the catwalk toward the vapor miner and look out over the water for Shroomie. After Shroomie disappears, I operate the feeder and leave for another 24 hours. Coming back earlier does not trigger a reappearance. Each time you do this, Shroomie comes in a bit closer. I don't know if this is the way it was programmed or not. It just seemed to work for me. Missing a day causes Shroomie to retreat farther away and you have to start over luring her back. It can be very frustrating.
johnsojc

Next

Return to Gehn Shard