Bug Report: Eder Gira / Eder Kemo

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: Eder Gira / Eder Kemo

Postby Ron Landry » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Not so much.

1. Because of the "advanced" climbing abilities you can now easily jump over the rocks towards the second section of Eder Gira without fully solving the vents puzzle. That was discussed in this thread and may not be classified as bug. The first cloth is only reachable with solved vents puzzle. Good.

2. The baskets in Eder Giro tend to "breakdance" if you try to move them.

3. There is no thunderstorm in Eder Kemo. Sometimes you will hear the sound for starting thunderstorm, but that's all. No rain, no darkness.
    Edit March 19th: this seems to be an occasional problem.

Eder Gira / Eder Kemo is solvable! The Bahro cave is reachable. Touching the hand symbol on the wall brings the pillar to your Relto.
Edit March 19th: Solvability depends on the circumestances !

Bahro Stones: ok
Relto Pages: ok
Clothes: ok

Time:
Sun, March 11th, between 5:30 am and 9:30 pm KI time.

Version:
Gehn.6 Live!

I have posted an addendum / correction to this bug report.
Last edited by Ron Landry on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Re: Bug Report: Eder Gira / Eder Kemo

Postby Gwyn H » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I take comfort in the knowledge that some have worked through the quirks in Gira & have finished it. I am currently on my fifth Gira. I am able to touch the lower lights, but
not the light or hand cloth. Those stinkin' fireflies refuse to come with me but leave a parting gift of glowing armpits! :shock:
That is ok... I consider it a new challenge. They will not beat me! ;)

Gwyn
Gwyn H

Postby Acorn » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Having battled through, I rather miss the glow, though it was maddening at the time. Keep at it, you'll get there in the end! If you do finally get the flies, you should be able to do it in a single pass if you don't bother with the second baskets.
Acorn

Postby Gwyn H » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Gira was solved tonight, but in an unusual way. A friend came with me to assist with the fireflies. We both linked back to Gira & my friend disappeared visually, although we could still
speak & he could see me. The flies would not come with me, but left their customary glow. My friend could see my fireflies, although they were not visible to me. It was odd, but I am
happy it is over! No pith helmet for me however. That is the one thing without a hotspot!

Gwyn
KI 00035684
Gwyn H

Postby Ron Landry » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 am

Addendum / Correction to my first bug report. Tested with Gehn.6 Live!

Bug: As other explorers have recognized already, I agree now: the baskets in Eder Gira "disappear". But as far as I can see, this does NOT happen, if you link between Eder Gira and Eder Kemo only, solving the puzzle without any interruption (linking to another age or exiting the game). This was the case, when I have solved Eder Gira / Eder Kemo first. Otherwise the two baskets behind the upper waterfalls will be missed and later the first basket. I tried this with two avatars.

Bad news: Comparing with Uru offline it is much more difficult to place a basket in the right position in the water channel in order to walk over with the fireflies.

Good news: you need only ONE basket to solve the firefly puzzle ! As you can see in the picture attached, you can walk along the rock bank, taking the fireflies with you (I have not checked if other explorers have detected this case already).
Attachments
firefly-walk-edergira.jpg
Here you can WALK without loosing your fireflies
firefly-walk-edergira.jpg (163.69 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
Ron Landry

Postby johnsojc » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 am

Walking along the wall is possible on Gehn but not on MOULa or Minkata... you always slip into the water trying to walk the wall on those shards. Fortunately, this allows you to finish Gira/Kemo on Gehn but probably should be considered a minor exploit that takes advantage of the different physics properties on Gehn.

Fixing this is up to the shard owners but before that happens, the case of the disappearing fish traps needs to be solved. The state of the Age seems to not be saved properly or is being corrupted somehow when you link out to any place other than to Kemo via the link book in Gira (I need to see if I can duplicate this reported behavior).
johnsojc

Postby Ron Landry » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 am

Walking along the wall is possible on Gehn but not on MOULa or Minkata... you always slip into the water trying to walk the wall on those shards. Fortunately, this allows you to finish Gira/Kemo on Gehn but probably should be considered a minor exploit that takes advantage of the different physics properties on Gehn.

Yep!
Fixing this is up to the shard owners but before that happens, the case of the disappearing fish traps needs to be solved.

I agree. And in addition the "breakdance behavior" of the fish traps (baskets) should be stopped, because it's so difficult to place them as you want.
Ron Landry

Postby Branan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 am

Ron Landry wrote:I agree. And in addition the "breakdance behavior" of the fish traps (baskets) should be stopped, because it's so difficult to place them as you want.

Can you describe this in more detail (or maybe get a video?). I just tried moving my baskets around and it was much smoother and easier than MOULa.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby johnsojc » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am

I believe this refers to the tendency of the fish traps to spin if you bump them with any force. The "friction" seems low and the traps skitter about like hockey pucks on ice.
johnsojc

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Cyan did lots of evil things to all of the physicals to try and compensate for their poor code. I've noticed bad friction and mass values have proliferated in the PRPs. Unfortunately, we have no license from Cyan to change the content.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Next

Return to Gehn Shard