Bug Report: Kadish Tolesa

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: Kadish Tolesa

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Not so much.

1. As long as the telescope puzzle (first puzzle) isn't solved, the tree door is closed. Due to the advanced climbing abilities one can climb up the closed door. See attached screen shot. Doing so, you can intrude into the wall and it is rather likely that the game crashes.. Maybe "special experts" like Annabelle will find out more :lol:

2. Solving the 1st pillar puzzle you climb up the pillars, then walk a stairway leading to the doorway. The upper step of this stairway is blocked, impossible to go or run over. So you have to jump. See attached screen shot.

Kadish Tolesa is solvable! The Bahro cave is reachable. Touching the hand symbol on the wall brings the pillar to your Relto.

Bahro Stones: ok
Relto Pages: ok
Clothing: ok

Time:
March 11th till March 15th

Version:
Gehn.6 Live!
Attachments
error-kadish1.jpg
blocked stairway, (upper step)
error-kadish1.jpg (68.83 KiB) Viewed 4832 times
error-kadish0.jpg
free climber on his way ....
error-kadish0.jpg (100.64 KiB) Viewed 4832 times
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Re: Bug Report: Kadish Tolesa

Postby Annabelle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:10 pm

:lol:

You make nice Maintainer's reports Ron :D

I'm a member of that guild and I don't have the seriousness of your work ;) ...In fact, I don't really report bugs, I like them too much :lol:

I knew that "buggy" spot and it's really a buggy one. PREFERABLY peps...STAY FAR from the rotating tree unless you know exactly how to act when there (like me and other explorers) because you'll inevitably crash to desktop.

We can manage to go around the rotating tree even without the "monkey climbing abilities" of Gehn Shard (and now TOC MOUL :roll: )
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:26 pm

:) Thanks Annabelle. Nice to know. ;)
:geek: I better should have written: Maybe "special experts" like Annabelle will KNOW more :D
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
Ron Landry

Postby Acorn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks, Ron, you inspired me to try this and I got through the door without crashing! I feel so proud, given Annabelle's warning!
Acorn

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Acorn wrote:Thanks, Ron, you inspired me to try this and I got through the door without crashing! I feel so proud, given Annabelle's warning!

Great ! Maybe many explorers will try that out now. Me too .. :lol: .
Ron Landry

Postby johnsojc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Very strange. I decided to try this and to my surprise, I made it through on the first try. I climbed up the right side of the doorway and when I got up so high, I suddenly found myself staring at the light in the chamber. It took a jump and a jiggle to fall inside (I thought the game had frozen). I usually go through with resolving the scopes to keep the passage open. Of course the camera went a little bonky after I get through but that happens here and there in every shard I've tried at one place or another.

edit: made it on the 2nd try as well although I ended up completely beyond the interior chamber and landing by the reset button.
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:23 am

You can also get to the pillar room journey cloth even if you haven't set the pillars correctly. I was doing it by memory and found myself too low and too far away so I decided to jump for it, and managed to climb up the wall, through the steps, and into the cave with the cloth.
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 pm

The issues of this rotating door are:

1st) pan view outside of the area:

if you make the mistake of panning outside of the area (the purple void): AUTOMATIC crash

2nd) switch between 1st view & 3rd view modes:

if you are in 1st pers view mode and you decide suddenly to switch to the 3rd pers view mode: AUTOMATIC crash

3rd) wait for the Christ to appear before your eyes:

be on the move, don't stand still without moving an inch for few seconds, if you fail to move: AUTOMATIC crash
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Gehn Shard