Er'cana will not re-set

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Er'cana will not re-set

Postby oldmanjob » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:15 am

I had to deleted my Er'cana book and I still am not able to reset the age :?:
oldmanjob

Re: Er'cana will not re-set

Postby oldmanjob » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:55 am

Knock knock, is anyone home, I have been asking for 2 weeks now on different threads and now this one if some one can tell me why I cannot re-set the age.
oldmanjob

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 am

Hi, sorry no-one has replied! I'm no expert but I've just tried wiping my book and it all seems to have re-set fine - the harvester was back at the start and all the power is off in the factory. The shell symbols haven't wiped but since the journey cloths don't reset in the other ages I wouldn't expect them to. What happens when you wipe your book?
Acorn

Postby oldmanjob » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 am

When I deleted the book and and have gone aboyt 6 times now, nothing changes. The harvester is till at the unloading dock and the shell symbols have not changed.
oldmanjob

Postby Branan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:47 pm

I haven't been able to reproduce any issues with book deletion. If I see something that looks weird or out of place in the logs or vault I'll let you know, but for now I don't really have anything useful to tell you :?
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:17 pm

The shell symbols shouldn't change AFAIK
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby oldmanjob » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:44 am

Thank you for looking into this, if it doesn't re-set I will create a another avie to play through the age.
oldmanjob

Postby johnsojc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:23 am

Out of curiosity, I deleted my Er'cana book. Oddly, I saw nothing in the log other than engaging the bookshelf and having the status of the Er'cana book set to disabled.
What changed:

The harvester was reset to the original position.
The portal to the Bahro cave disappeared (had to go touch all the cloths again although I still had the Bahro wedge in Relto)
All the lights, the mill stone, and the windmill were off.
The control station was reset to original and all the vats were filled and operating (I believe vat 4 is always dry)
I had kept all my Relto pages (firemarbles, stalk plants) and the backpack was still in the wardrobe... no need to recollect them
The rock to the pellet dispenser was back blocking the walkway... had to enable and use the elevator to clear it.
The ovens were reset to 0-0-0 and the pellets that were in the oven disappeared.
The backpack reappeared.
I went back and used the portal to the cave... only Ahnonay's wedge was there.

Out of curiosoty (again), did you have your MOULa installation up to date (1.905) before you installed Gehn? Not sure if that would cause any problems or not.
johnsojc

Postby oldmanjob » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 pm

I am embarrassed to say that I solved the problem :o I went and undeleted the age and decided I would go back through the book. But when I opened the book, to my surprise, and I am claiming old age senility (72), I deleated one of the pod ages :o :?. So I went and deleted the proper book and all is well Er'cana land. I will stand at attention with my back to the wall as you throw tomatoes ;) :lol:
oldmanjob

Postby johnsojc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:33 pm

When you accidently delete your main avatar by mistake, then I'll worry...
johnsojc

Next

Return to Gehn Shard