Er'cana will not re-set

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Er'cana will not re-set

Postby Acorn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 am

Don't worry, it was fun looking into it - I was interested that when the age resets, the backpack reappears but you can't click on it. And I was wrong about the portal, that did reset. I've now got my Ahnonay "wedge" by jumping within the Bahro cave from the Er'cana platform. And I also enjoyed climbing past the deep hole in the ground beside the broken rail track to see what's beyond (if you go too far, you fall through the ground, or through the cliff, but it's fun to explore). So thanks for being the excuse for all this!
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:59 am

Had to try it and verified that you can jump over and get the Bahro wedge for Ahnonay. I ended up sorta wading half buried in the ledge but was able to click the hotspot on the wall and collect the wedge.

Not being able to click on the backpack actually makes sense since you already have it in inventory. I suspect if someone was with you that had not already collected it, they could pick it up.
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:50 am

Quote -"I ended up sorta wading half buried in the ledge" - yes, but if you jump up, you can get back to the right level - though when you click on the symbol you drop down again.

I've been trying to get the Eder wedges too, first using Annabelle's climbing technique in her "skydiver adventure" post to bypass the Tsogal door and then a jump in the Bahro cave, but I can't get past the door without crashing out.
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 am

I will have to try that... Of all the Ages, I really detest Delin and Tsogal. It's not so much that I dislike playing the mini-games or even playing with a group... it's the sheer frustration of dealing with some of the people who go in there and deliberately try to sabotage the effort. It would be nice if the Age was smart enough to know if only one person was in the Age (or even just two or three) and increase the time to get to a cloth proportionally to allow the game to be played by less than a team of 8.

(Yeah, I know... Cyan's Age so hands off modifying the code... :cry: )

Edit: Well, I learned how to get up the cliff face but I seem to be misunderstanding what direction to face to get into the cave. I keep getting sent back to Relto or falling into the black and panic linking back to Relto... <sigh> that's why I never tried to be a Skydiver... no talent to master rj's and wj's.

Either I'm not doing the run-jump properly or I'm aiming at the wrong spot... I think I give up... again.

OK, I found I still had an offline Uru with the UAM installed and flymode available so I found exactly where I'm supposed to go so I guess my problem is the rj or just general clumsiness... at least now I know what I'm looking at when I pass thru the cliff wall.
johnsojc

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard