Help us solve a bug!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Help us solve a bug!

Postby Branan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi everyone!

We've got a bug that causes the client to crash on shutdown sometimes. It's quite difficult to track down, so we'd like your help narrowing down the situation that causes it. The following information would be helpful:
  • Which ages you visited during the session, ideally in the order you visited them
  • Whether you were in any of those ages with someone else, or if you explored alone the entire time
  • Whether you took the fireflies in Eder Kemo

If you are encountering this issue, the stack trace will contain 0x007D4FB0 on Gehn.6. If you have a stack trace that has that line somewhere in the middle, I'd really love to see it. The more lines that you have below this line, the more useful information is available to me.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Help us solve a bug!

Postby johnsojc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:14 am

shutdown? Is that a logout/quit or quit without logging out?
johnsojc

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:08 am

That would be quit... where the game closes completely.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Branan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 am

johnsojc wrote:shutdown? Is that a logout/quit or quit without logging out?

Whenever the game is quit completely. That can be a logout followed by a quit from the avatar selection screen, or just a quit directly from the game.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby johnsojc » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 am

OK. Looking for crash when exiting the game. I started a new avvie for this but I can't recall ever having a stack dump on Gehn but then I started with 1.5. Should I get a dump, would you like to see any of the log files for the session that produced it? If so, which ones other than Python.0.elf?

Has this been seen in both windowed mode and full screen or just one?
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 am

Hi, I just had the crash on logging out. I was on my own (but used two avvies) and didn't go to the fireflies. I went to the Nexus, great Zero, the library, Kadish (roof), Gahreesen, Er'cana, Tetsonot (and through the portal).

Afraid I don't know how to get a stack trace when it doesn't pop up at the time of the error - where should I look for it? I'm using Win7.
Acorn

Postby johnsojc » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 am

A stack dump is usually hiding under your crashed game screen when you are running full screen. You have to ALT-TAB to get to it.

Be warned that it will disappear if you kill the game process. The stack dump window was hiding minimized in the task bar for me. I was able to bring it up but I could not copy and paste the info. You might be able to screen shot it but I would grab paper and pencil and jot it down first just in case. I lost my mouse cursor control which is why I had so much trouble.
johnsojc

Postby Acorn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 am

thanks, johnsojc, I'll have missed it then. Bother. I couldn't get my computer to do anything until I killed the crashed program, but I didn't try alt-tab. Next time I'll know what to do.
Acorn

Return to Gehn Shard