Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Postby oldmanjob » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:30 am

I am unable to use the closet to change appearance of my avatar. I continually get " Unable to create file dat\avatar customization fni. "
oldmanjob

Re: Avatar Customization

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 am

Did you start the Gehn client as administrator?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby oldmanjob » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:02 am

I took your advice and started the Gehn client as administrator. Got in to the closet, changed and when I left I got a blank screen with background sounds. When I moved the mouse to the bottom of the blank page the relto book was there so I used it to get the relto to appear. Whether this is a bug or not I have no idea but will try it again today and see what happens.
oldmanjob

Postby johnsojc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:16 am

I've gotten this stuck-in-the-black during linking between Ages several times. The hotspots at the bottom of the screen are the only things available although I cannot see the icons. Clicking on where the exit icon is and then clicking on the spot where the logout/quit dialog is normally most times "encourages" the linking to succeed. For me this seems to happen most often linking to my hood.

In fairness, this is not just a problem on Gehn... I have seen this many times on MOULa as well. Actually, I have better luck recovering from this on Gehn without having to CAD out than I ever did on MOULa where it will hang forever.
johnsojc

Postby oldmanjob » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:39 am

Started an new explorer and at the start up, leaving the closet same black screen with background sounds, but the calibration box, and the mouse box showed up. then clicked relto book to continue.
oldmanjob

Return to Gehn Shard