possible new bug - relto tree

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: possible new bug - relto tree

Postby janaba » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 am

Great ... That's what you get for being a 'Treehugger' ... I wonder that you wonder about your trees growing so fast and then being upset about a fully fledged tree ... :lol:

But seriously, my trees are growing quite 'naturally' in the Uru sense lol ... :D
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 am

That's kind of a weird bug :?

I'm not totally familiar with how the tree growth script works. It's probably got something silly going on that only works half the time :roll:. It's on the to-investigate list.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Annabelle » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Acorn wrote:I thought I'd bump this because my trees are still growing too fast. AcornGehn13 and 14 have recently had the same experience - once the tree has started to grow, all you need to do is jump off relto a few times and the tree reaches its (in my view ugly) maximum height in a matter of minutes. I always switch it off when it's full size, so it means I get to enjoy it for only a short time even if I don't deliberately trigger the accelerated growth by jumping off relto.

What kind of fertilizer do you use? Maybe I would be able to grow oranges in my backyard at my latitude this summer ;) . See the world is not fair. I like the little baby stages the tree can have because it's so cute but I prefer the full-grown tree stage because I can climb on it. I always find the wait a bit annoying...9 weeks! I would like having only 9 jumps to do to have it at a full stage. Anyway that would be just the usual day-to-day routine :D

A pity for you though. It's not funny for you (...but I'm laughing anyway...oh nasty me :lol: ). It seems from this bug and the one from Minkata shard that you are somehow plagued with bad luck and have extraordinary bugs.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Annabelle wrote:. It seems from this bug and the one from Minkata shard that you are somehow plagued with bad luck and have extraordinary bugs.

That's why I enjoy testing. :P I love finding them! :lol: :D

(By the way, Annabelle, off topic for a moment, I've been meaning to thank you for a tip you gave recently in your Info Central in the URU Live forum:
Holding a jump: when you do the jump, instead of releasing the keys right after the jump is started, keep your fingers on the keys until the effective landing. Holding keys gives you the additionnal pixel length needed sometimes
)

It's helped me in so many ways since then! 8-)
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Acorn wrote:
Annabelle wrote:. It seems from this bug and the one from Minkata shard that you are somehow plagued with bad luck and have extraordinary bugs.

That's why I enjoy testing. :P I love finding them! :lol: :D

(By the way, Annabelle, off topic for a moment, I've been meaning to thank you for a tip you gave recently in your Info Central in the URU Live forum:
Holding a jump: when you do the jump, instead of releasing the keys right after the jump is started, keep your fingers on the keys until the effective landing. Holding keys gives you the additionnal pixel length needed sometimes
)

It's helped me in so many ways since then! 8-)

You are welcome :) I was more focusing on the users of my quests... maybe you are one indeed since I gave you the "25 markers for a Hard Day" quest or whatever the name I came with :lol:

I'm about to modify a quest released a while ago on MOULa and I saw that I could replace a double jump by a run + run-jump, I will modify it accordingly, that's not always the case though.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard