Network error 5

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Network error 5

Postby janaba » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 am

As nobody posted anything here it could be only me, but since yesterday I cannot log onto the Gehn shard anymore ... :(

Also moving through this forum goes v e r y, v e r y slooow lol ... I've tried everything, also unnecessary actions
like authorization changes etc.(all Uru installations are on a separate partition and work all perfectly well without
special compatability adjustments) and I finally uninstalled the shard and installed everything fresh, my MOULa
installation is up-to-date, but nothing worked either ... Tried it today again and now I give up and hope that you
immediately know what's going on lol ... :P

Ok, when I try to log in I'm hanging at the patcher update already, but when I wait it goes on with updating, I get
my login interface, again waiting and when I'm lucky (not always) it goes as far as the login screen for the avatar
and then with the rotating circle and the black screen it stops and I see my windows cursor lol ... I push the windows
key for the desktop and see two messages

Network error 5 - Network Connection Failed - protocol: Game Server - and another - LinkToAge failed - and that is it ... :|
I also got a Network 6 error in between the tries, so, I've had some variations lol ...

The very first time this happened yesterday I could log in and when I wanted to link to my closet then I crashed the
very first time and could never log in again lol ... (I've just uploaded this first log as well as I've saved those logs
before uninstalling Gehn anew)...

In case anybody's interested to see the Python.0.elf files, I've uploaded them, the one from yesterday and today plus
some strange files I've never seen and which are not in any other shard's log folder called 'OLD_ASYNC_LOG.0.elf' ...
They are in a folder and are very small files as I didn't succeed to log in lol ...

Ok, that is it, now I'm giving this up to you expert guys haha ... :)
janaba

Re: Network error 5

Postby janaba » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:44 am

Wow!!! You've cleared it already ... I could log in twice and roam the shard as easily and gracefully as always ...
I also hesitantly entered my closet twice lol and it worked like a charm ... Roaming the forums is as fast as always too ... :D

Thanks guys, I'm glad and now even more than ready for our great Pod party on Saturday ... See ya all there ... :P
janaba

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 am

janaba wrote:As nobody posted anything here it could be only me, but since yesterday I cannot log onto the Gehn shard anymore ... :(

Dear Janaba,
I've just checked that, but I have no problems to connect and login on Gehn Shard. I can't identify any unusual behavior or delay. Gehn works fine for me. As far as I know, we are located in the same city ;-), so our connection conditions should be similar. As in your case, my uru installation is located on a separate partition. I'm using windows XP. Maybe you have installed or updated some software on your system? Maybe your firewall, antivirus tool has started some autoupdate activities and you didn't have noticed that? Maybe .... some hardware changes on your system? Maybe .... ?

Well, let's wait for the experts ...

[oh no. testing your case lasts a little bit to long. I see, my answer is not needed anymore.]
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Acorn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am

is this a Gehn pod party? tell me more!
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 am

It sounds like there were some network issues somewhere between your PC and the GoW server that have since cleared up. Unfortunately, issues like are made worse when you're using a server on another continent--most other online games have regional servers to deal with this. Unfortunately, neither we nor the game can support this at the moment.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Acorn and all who didn't see it yet, please have a look here ... See you there ... :P

@Adam ... I'm glad that this cleared up today ... I never ever had those problems on any shard, not even with MOULa lol,
so I was very surprised, all the other shards worked perfectly fast and smooth, so, no problem, I see now this can happen
for whatever reason and it'll pass as it appeared lol ... Those very strong solar flares and geomagnetic storms etc. etc. can
effect such interruptions as well, but anything could however ... See ya all on Saturday ... :P
janaba

Postby Taurec » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 am

Can't login, always the same message:

Linking Error
Download failed: dat/Personal_District_psnlMYSTII.prp not found

any suggestions?

Thx
Taurec

Postby Ron Landry » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Taurec wrote:Can't login, always the same message:
Linking Error
Download failed: dat/Personal_District_psnlMYSTII.prp not found
any suggestions?
Thx

Hi Taurec,
first to notice: Server is running, login is possible.

The file Personal_District_psnlMYSTII.prp is needed, otherwise you can't login with your avatar. I have checked that. To do so, I've simply renamed this file and as result got same message as you described: "Download failed: dat/Personal_District_psnlMYSTII.prp not found". After starting Gehn client, during update check, the missing file was not recognized and downloaded as I've expected.

I would suggest, that you should reinstall your Gehn client. copy this file from your Uru Live! Installation, same directory. If this doesn't work you should reinstall Gehn Live!, as far as I can see.

Ron.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Return to Gehn Shard