Gehn.7 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.7 Live!

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:45 am

janaba wrote:@Ron ... I'm sorry, but I could log in easily about thirty minutes ago, but maybe it is only me or I was just lucky ... :)

I also am having no problems
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby johnsojc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 am

I think the internet must be having a touch of indigestion... various people around the world are having connectivity issues.

As I check right now, US is experiencing 24% packet loss and Asia has a whopping 34% loss. Global packet loss is running about 22%.
johnsojc

Postby Tweek » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am

Ron Landry wrote:After automatic update to version 7 I can't start Gehn. After login the launcher stops with this error message: "URU has experienced a serious error and needs to close. Please submit your log folder to the developer".

I've changed the color depth and the resolution, but it doesn't work. I tried a couple of times. I will submit the log folder soon.

Yeah I have been having that issue too
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby johnsojc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 am

Hmmm... I did a clean install using the installer. No problems at all. Something to try....
johnsojc

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 am

janaba wrote:@Ron ... I'm sorry, but I could log in easily about thirty minutes ago, but maybe it is only me or I was just lucky ... :)

Thanks janaba, but maybe it's the other way around, 'cause nobody else seems to have such problems .... but wait ... Tweek just have written:

Tweek wrote:Yeah I have been having that issue too

Meanwhile I have completely deinstalled Gehn, then started and updated Uru Live! and subsequently reinstalled Gehn, hoping to resolve the problem. Sadly this don't work, the gehn lauchner still terminates with the same error message. Considering the posting from Tweek, this implies, that I don't mess around with an anomalous malfunction of my system.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 am

@Ron Landry - I know this is a stupid question BUT are you allowing Gehn to install itself into the Program Files Folder on C Drive??

At the very least it should be installed into its own discreet sub-folder. Personally I install all of my games on a separate Hard Drive, so I will not loose them, and can easily transfer to another computer.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby johnsojc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 am

Yes, indeed. Program Files on Vista and Win7 should be avoided at all times. What O/S is being used for the systems that are failing and where is Gehn installed?
johnsojc

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:53 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:@Ron Landry - I know this is a stupid question BUT are you allowing Gehn to install itself into the Program Files Folder on C Drive??

I used to say: there are no stupid questions but only stupid answers ;) -- so thanks for your question. I have had installed (and have re-installed) Gehn on a seperate partition (Drive D:) in its own subfolder.

@johnsojc
I am using Windows XP, Service Pack 2 (not 3). I have had no such problems since Gehn.4 Live!
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Deledrius » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 am

Ooh, I'm not sure anyone has tested Gehn on XP SP2. It's no longer supported by Microsoft and it is heavily recommended for all users to upgrade to SP3, which is the end-of-line for XP.

I can't say for certain this is the root of the problem, but it would be in your best interests to upgrade to SP3 if at all possible.

Is anyone else running Gehn on XP SP2?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby johnsojc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 am

There appears to be a new crop of bugs in Gehn .7. The Cleft is broken and cannot be finished. My first two avvies were run thru the Cleft on .5 and .6. My new avvie cannot operate the imager.
johnsojc

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard