Gehn.7 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.7 Live!

Postby Gahlen » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Not a hassle: take the time you need. You guys are doing a great job: Gehn offers a superb playing experience, even in its current state. Look forward to future developments.
Gahlen

Postby janaba » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:11 am

Great!!! Thank you Gahlen, I whole-heartedly second that!!! ... :)

Don't hurry, don't push anything, relax as good as in any way possible, enjoy your RL which is
the foundation for your well-being and everything you desire and might need and make it so,
that all might be to the greatest extend going along as easily, gracefully and as effortlessly
as possible ...

I am wishing you an exciting week and lots of inspiration and success with your monster
lab report and with everything you feel you need to accomplish and if there's some time
and excitement left, evaluate and push those builds in co-operation with the rest of the
magicians available here for our all pleasure ... Thank you, Adam and all, take care ... :P
janaba

Postby Ron Landry » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 am

I agree with Gahlen and janaba. Even if I''m harping on old processor compatibility, I'm aware that's a sideline and not the main work needed for Gehn. So keep cool, don't feel hounded, your doing a great job! 8-) Thanks that we can help you helping us to help you ("copyright" Branan :P ).

From time to time while chatting in Uru Live! about other Shards, when I'm asked about Gehn -- do you know it and is it worthwhile to play? -- my answer is always: definitely yes! Just try the phantastic climbing abilities, enjoy finding some unexpected :shock: nosedive jumps :o , help finding bugs and making this new shard more stable.
Ron.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Charura » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:11 pm

I read that TOC is waiting for something that may help?

Please, stay calm. The SSE3 update is requiring CPUs supporting it, so, this is only affecting older PCs.
However, the H'uru team is working on a patch that allows you to play without SSE3. I expect it to be released this week, so I shall implement it with the next update.
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Branan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 pm

The patch that TOC is waiting on is what we're working on now (literally right now). It will be released in Gehn.8 this week, and will not only allow older PCs to play again, but will enable us to support even newer CPU features without risk of breaking anything. It's been a bit painful to get it all in place, but we feel good about where we can go with this new code.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Jogi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 am

Just to mention it (it seems I am the only one who has encountered to this issue):

Since Gehn.7 (and Gehn.8) supports language change in the welcome screen, with setting to "German" or "Italian" the Big KI Display does not open correctly (or not at all) for a Imager Device!

For more details look here: KI does not work together with any Imager
Jogi

Postby Deledrius » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Jogi wrote:Since Gehn.7 (and Gehn.8) supports language change in the welcome screen, with setting to "German" or "Italian" the Big KI Display does not open correctly (or not at all) for a Imager Device!

I just checked with both German and Italian, and the BigKI works fine for me. Is this still happening to you?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 pm

I just logged in to test this and everything changed fine for me into German even though
I've installed the Gehn Shard completely in English ... Awesome ... :P

We're meeting in the city right now for the door runs, if anybody feels so inclined ...
I just had to log out again as I don't remember any german commands anymore haha,
that's why I have to switch back to English again lol ... See you in the cavern maybe ... :D
janaba

Postby Jogi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes, it is still happening to me!

I posted here to see if I am the only one.
As long as I am the only one (like on TOC), it is no serious problem I think.
And I am glad it's only me. (To an unexperienced player this could be very tangling.)

The best thing I could do some day is to install all new beginning with MOULa itself.

8-) But I am not yet willing to do so 8-). - Except you, Deledrius, or some other shard admin is interested in whether this/my problem could be solved this way, and in case of success there would be no need anymore to remember this or to investigate further on?
Jogi

Postby Deledrius » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Not sure what the issue is. If you want to zip up your log folder after a play session in which you attempt using the KI with one of these languages, I can take a look. It sounds like something's gone wrong with your data files, possibly.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard