Bug Report: Cleft Not Completable

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Bug Report: Cleft Not Completable

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm

This isn't MOSS...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:20 pm

That was just FYI. It is a client side thing.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Yes, I know it's a client side issue. Let me clarify: I have a custom python file mod with the random seed in __init__, and it works as expected. This leads me to believe issue is probably tied to something specific in the Gehn environment, and we're not going to get at it by trying stuff on other shards.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Matthias.Black » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:41 pm

If I may briefly interrupt the argu- *ahem* discussion about code to address some other points in the OP's Post?
Deledrius wrote:
calroger wrote:4. Many linking books are missing. I have linked to Gahreesen from the book in the book room in the hood but it did not place a book on my Relto bookshelf.
5. There are linking books in Relto for Teledahn and Kadish but when opened, only a swirling black void is visible.

This is very odd behaviour which hasn't been observed by other players. I'd definitely like to know more about this, because it's potentially very nasty (as you noticed).

I would imagine that these are due to the fact that you haven't got through the journey door of the Cleft and so don't have the relto page to give you the four book-containing-pillar-bearing-totem-things. Without this page, or rather the books it provides access to, you can't 'collect' the link-in points that would usually be at the start of the Teledahn and Kadish linking books in Relto. And so they appear to be black swirls.

As for the Gahreesen book not appearing on the shelf, why should it? The book in the 'hoods connect to a 'hood/public instance until you get your own private one (from one of the afore-mentioned book-totems).

My point is that these occur in Moula if you haven't completed the Cleft and so are not bugs of Gehn or indeed bugs (Or uh... 'odd'). Just a nudge that you may have missed something.

I should also point out that the tapestry links still work if you've collected them in Kadish (and it's possible to solve the age, get through the Journey Door and even listen to Yeesha (despite not being introduced to her yet))
Matthias.Black

Postby philipgr » Thu May 08, 2014 10:32 am

Hi

I have just joined the Guild Of Writers forum at the suggestion of the MOULa forum folks. I have also encountered some issues while in the cavern and in the Teledahn age. In the cavern I found that you cannot walk out of some of the nexus stations, like the Ferry Terminal one without doing a running jump. I have finished the Teledan age however I am unable to close the inner gate in the slave pens to open the area to access the linking book to the spy room. In MOULa, ABM nad Uru CC I just had to move
one of the levers to get the inner gate to drop. When I do that nothing happens. I even ran around to the outer slave area and moved the rocks I had previously placed off the pressure plates nothing happened.
I have found a sprklie is in the great shaft room. They are missing everywhere else.

I have also found two odd issues in Gahreesan which also occured in MOULa. I have posted a query there (http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#p407857).
Issue 1
If I jump through the rotating wall into the Gahreesan control room I fall through the floor. Yet if I run into the room everything is fine. Once I am in the room I can jump on the spot where I previously fell through the floor without any problems.

Issue 2
When I jump from the first rotating building to the pillar with the journey cloth and I land next to the journey cloth I fall through the floor. Yet if I land on the little ridge next to the centre of the pillar I am fine. I can then walk up to the journey cloth and jump up and down without falling through.

You are quite right regarding the linking books black image when I used the bahro stones to the pyramid top in Kadish and the platform in Teledan from the cavern I got that.

I hope it is okay to add to this old post. If you would like me to create a new post I will do so.

regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby philipgr » Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am

Hi

Some info I added regarding the sparklies seems to have disappeared from my first post. So here goes:
I noticed that I first went into the Cleft area that Zandi's barbeque pit was there together with the sparklies relto page. So I was wondering if this was affecting the imager in the cleft.

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Acorn » Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 am

Hi, philipgr, are your observations about the Gehn shard? It wasn't quite clear from your posts. I'm assuming they are.

The slave cave doesn't work quite as it should - the pressure plates seem to forget that they have weights on them when you link out. The answer is to do the whole thing in one pass, by running round from one side to the other without linking. Or you can make use of another glitch (not, I believe, unique to Gehn) which allows you to put your hand through the wall even when the door to the alcove in the wall is shut ;) . There are several threads in this forum which describe these phenomena if you want to do a search - I've posted about the slave cave but, while it's irritating, it can be overcome, and our Gehn gurus have more important issues to work on - like getting us a new pub! :D :D

There are a few places where you can get stuck, for example on stairs, and need to jump, is this what you were meaning? All I can say is that it's better than it was!

The sparklies are only meant to appear one month at a time. Thanks for reminding me - one of my avvies hadn't collected the May one :D

I have occasionally fallen through the floor when making the Gahreesen pillar leap - I don't think this is unique to Gehn. I don't think I've fallen through the floor of the Gahreesen control room, but I usually run, rather than jump.

What problem are you finding with the imager in the cleft - was some more of your post mislaid?
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Thu May 08, 2014 3:22 pm

philipgr wrote:Hi

I have just joined the Guild Of Writers forum at the suggestion of the MOULa forum folks.
[...] cut to save some space
Issue 1
If I jump through the rotating wall into the Gahreesan control room I fall through the floor. Yet if I run into the room everything is fine. Once I am in the room I can jump on the spot where I previously fell through the floor without any problems.

Issue 2
When I jump from the first rotating building to the pillar with the journey cloth and I land next to the journey cloth I fall through the floor. Yet if I land on the little ridge next to the centre of the pillar I am fine. I can then walk up to the journey cloth and jump up and down without falling through.

You are quite right regarding the linking books black image when I used the bahro stones to the pyramid top in Kadish and the platform in Teledan from the cavern I got that.

I hope it is okay to add to this old post. If you would like me to create a new post I will do so.

regards
Philip

Answered on MOULa's forum board follow this link ---> http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27185&p=407870#p407870
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby philipgr » Fri May 09, 2014 8:15 am

Hi Acorn

Tks for yr response. My slave cave issue is only in the Gehn shard. Tks for yr explanation about the sparklies. In MOULa they are all available at the same time. I have got all of them except the Riven one because I am stuck in Ahnonnay with getting to the statue age. I have not done Kadish yet so I have not been to the cleft to hear Yeesha's second message. Hopefully the imager will be working. I was just wondering if having the sparklie relto page before completing the four Uru ages caused the imager to be blank.

I agree with you, getting a decent pub is much more important.

Regards
Philip :D :D
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby philipgr » Fri May 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi Acorn

I tried putting my hand through the wall but it did not work. However after quite awhile I managed to get the outer gates to open. I ran around and moved the rocks off the plates. I then went back to the inner pens and put all theseven switches in the up position. I shutdown Gehn. I restarted Gehn and went back to the inner slave pens and put switches 1, 3 and 5 back to the down position. I then ran around to the outer pens and rolled the rocks back onto the pressure plates. The outer gates opened and I was able to access the link to the spy room.

I have compled all the Uru ages and the imager had all its' symbols so I did not have the issue of the imager being blank which I thought I may also encounter after reading the initial post.

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard