Spoiler vs. Non-Spoiler?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Spoiler vs. Non-Spoiler?

Postby calroger » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Since Gehn is a development and testing platform, I assume the question of spoiler vs. non-spoiler is moot. That being said, I am going to assume, unless told otherwise, that spoiler postings are OK here.

I read in another posting somewhere that the physics of Gehn are different from MOULa and that climbing objects is easier. I am unable to do the double-jump move in MOULa, apparently since my computer is too fast. However, I found an interesting situation in Gehn. On the ledge above Tokota Alley at the very end by the barricade, if I position myself just right and do a series of jumps, I can climb straight up about five or six times. I then fall through the wall and fall down through the inside and underside of the scenery. The view is very abstract but not a view I'm unfamiliar with. In Microsoft Flight Simulator and MS Train Simulator, I have seen similar views under terrain and inside of scenery.

Anyway, I am now on the lookout for other "climbing" spots. I have found several spots where I can jump up on top of barricades but I don't think that's too unusual.

If I shouldn't be posting this kind of information here, someone please let me know.

Thanks
Cal
calroger

Re: Spoiler vs. Non-Spoiler?

Postby Deledrius » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 am

Annabelle and a few others have posted rather extensively about their explorations Beyond The Veil, so I think it's okay.

Technically these are bugs. ;) Adjustments have been made to fix some of the broken physics simulation, and other shortcomings have been made apparent. Sometimes it is in the physics simulation, sometimes it is the design of the Ages' physical surfaces. Mostly a little of both.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Spoiler vs. Non-Spoiler?

Postby Annabelle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Deledrius wrote
Technically these are bugs

Yeah...call me the bug-hunter :D

Deledrius is right though...unfortunately :lol: On several games we wouldn't be allowed to openly show our discoveries like I do in many forums. The game designers usually dislike people who fool around in their environment. Cyan has long quitted the battle against "evil-doers" ;) I talk a lot with Henry Mikel which is a very calm man standing still in Ae'gura but he told me about his old life as an "evil-doer" and the open war he had gone into with some "angelic" Res-Eng working for Cyan and patching behind him all the holes he found. I'm kind of glad it was me at the time :lol: the game would have become SO boring ;)

@ Calroger: It's a reality in Gehn shard, you will be able to see a lot of unusual areas (and fall off in the scenery too, that's part of the deal). You can get inspired by some of the posts here talking about Gehn shard. Look in the "Bug Reports" threads, you'll find a lot of gems.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Gehn Shard