Gehn.8 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.8 Live!

Postby Annabelle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Seriously...

I finally installed Gehn.8.

The work they do under the hood like relaxed splines, disturbed matrices should help the overall quality of the game ;).

For the old PC issue solved, I cannot really answered since I'm not concerned.

I really like the landing behaviors now. A stand jump results in a stand jump landing. A walk/run-jump results in an appropriate landing. I'm glad I brought this subject to the public place althought it seemed that you were already working on that matter when I did mentionned it on OpenUru.org's forum.

On another matter:

I want to congratulate H'uru team for one BIG thing that should absolutely be moved into Cyan's shard ---> the unlocking of the framerate. I don't know if it's related to Gehn.8...anyway that's not important. On Gehn you can have the fastest PC on earth you have the same jumping/skydiving abilities & ease as for a slower PC. On Cyan's shard there are 2 distinct groups which is really segregationist: those who can, those who can't. Having a quad-core on MOULa is a handicap.

With the graphics & textures quality I have on Gehn, I'm not sure I will ever use my older PC to log in Gehn unless I need 2 avatars at same time. On MOULa, I always feel like I'm playing SuperMarioBros3 if I'm loggin in on my new PC with supposedly "better" graphics, that's a non-sense!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Lyrositor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Well I think the Relto bug is still sometimes present, and if I remember correctly, it's tied to the unlocked framerate fix. This might not be percieved as a good thing if people are still falling through their Relto regularly (I don't know if Gehn 8 fixed this).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Jogi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 am

Good Idea, Wamduskasapa, to public some maps.
But sorry, I am afraid the assigned numbers to the Journey Cloths aren't correct for this version of URU as far as I remember from my last visit last night in Tsogahl:
  • Number 7 is upstairs ('your' number 3)
  • Number 1 is between stair and pavilion ('your' number 4)
  • and about the position of number 4 Ron Landry can tell more... :lol:
I think some of our URU professionals can clear up what's the matter with the maps/versions?
Jogi

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:33 am

Sorry I Used MOUL locations I was under the impression that Gehn had not changed them...

I will need someone to assist me and I will correct and update my map versions.
EDIT: KI time is 0338 HRS and I am online now...
EDIT2: GEHN KI # 12181, # 28272 and # 82424
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Jogi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 am

Janaba, I am astonished you were quick-reacting last night to take some good pictures during this exciting moment. - Well done!

What I less like is the fact that I am almost in the center of the scene. ;)
When it was the merit of Ron Landry and you, janaba, who brought all the needed Avatars into the Age.
Jogi

Postby Ron Landry » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks for your map support, Wamduskasapa. With the right numbers this may be very helpful to shorten future doorruns.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:56 am

OK I have corrected the maps and they are now good for Gehn -
And thank you for all of your help - Jogi und Ron Landry - Danke für die ganze Ihre Hilfe

EDIT:
Tsar Hoikas wrote:You should note that the cloth positions are randomly generated for each garden instance ;)

Since this makes the maps effectivly worthless I have removed them...
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:24 am

Awesome!!! Grabbed them all ... Thanks, Wam ... :D

And Jogi, especially you must say this, undermining your own position and function
in that door opening project haha ... YOU have made this all possible as our special
doorman, in co-operation with us all, of course, but we all had our special part in
this ... /thumbsup ... :P

Besides that, I most of the time have my Fraps ready and if needed I only have to
quickly press F12 as often as I like which comes in very handy sometimes ...
With F9 you can capture a video, but I try to avoid the hassle of later conversions
etc. and where to post it, I'm not registered with YouTube or so and don't like to ...

Ok, now with those awesome maps at hand ... when will we all meet for the next
more easy door runs haha ... :)
janaba

Postby Jogi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 am

janaba wrote:... and as a reward and special treat Adam gifted the rest of us with a 'successful' Delin
'door run' ...

Last night I didn't follow you through the Delin door into the Bahro Cave, though today the Delin door was still open for me and I could get my wedge afterwards.

To programers:
Does that mean, if you were attended to a successful door opening and do not go in, the door keeps open until you 'use' it?

Another point:
To Deledrius: Some of us experienced crash outs last night and if I'm right, you too. So I think, there is no need to open an extra Bug Report thread here. But if you are interested in, I have saved (by renaming) some crash.dmp files.
Jogi

Postby Lyrositor » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 am

It's been a while since I've done a door run, and this one was pretty fun and well-coordinated. :D
I crashed midway, though, but I don't know if my crash dump was overwritten when I crashed again upon quitting the game.
Also, one bug I discovered (although I'm pretty sure this is the, shall we say, "enhanced physics" bug at work) is that after nabbing my first half of the door spiral, I was able to jump to the other side, sink partly through the floor and hold on to the edge, then click on the spiral button to obtain the other half. :lol: So if anyone else feels like taking a shortcut like me, know that it's at least possible.
Oh, and on a related note, there was a pretty substantial delay between the time when I clicked on the button and the time when the halves turned to light particles.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard