Escaped cones

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Escaped cones

Postby Gahlen » Sat May 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Created a new ’Hood a few days ago. Nothing special, just thought it might be nice to have one. Spent a while moving fire marbles to interesting places (too bad they refuse to enter the book room: the glow as the last thing you saw linking out to the Nexus would have been a nice effect), kicking the occasional cone. Seems the latter had an issue with that, though: returning to the ’Hood this evening, three of them have vanished. So if anyone sees a wild group of escaping cones running through the city somewhere … they’re mine, and I’d be grateful if you’d bring them back. Thanks. :P

(There were eight, now there are only five. I’m not sure if the disappeared ones are the only ones I moved, but I suspect so. Any thoughts, anyone?)
Gahlen

Re: Escaped cones

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun May 06, 2012 4:55 am

Sounds like the old URU Live days of {evil laugh} Cone assassination
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby calroger » Sun May 06, 2012 7:24 am

Gahlen wrote:kicking the occasional cone. Seems the latter had an issue with that, though: returning to the ’Hood this evening, three of them have vanished. So if anyone sees a wild group of escaping cones running through the city somewhere … they’re mine, and I’d be grateful if you’d bring them back. Thanks. :P

I've seen them. There's big pile of them at the Ferry docks in TOC. I think they are migrating!

Cal
calroger

Postby Annabelle » Sun May 06, 2012 8:30 am

I will go with a more "down to Cavern" explanation :D

Sometimes the kickable can get thru the floors or collision walls and therefore vanish in the unknown. After a while the age resets and all the kickables returns to their initial location. This is why sometimes you link in your neighborhood and see Eddie, marbles all ligned up in front of him, and cones aligned and waiting to be kicked ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Gahlen » Sun May 06, 2012 11:48 am

Hmm. Wouldn’t I have noticed if I had kicked them into oblivion? Because I swear, I left them standing quietly next to the fountain. Could they suddenly decide to sink through the floor whilst I’m not there?

If not, Wam’s hypothesis of cone assassination is just too terrible to contemplate (they can’t be dead!?! :shock: ), so I'm going with Cal’s migration theory: somewhere, in the City Proper to which we have never come, there is a fabled Neighbourhood where all cones live in peace … 8-)
Gahlen

Postby Annabelle » Sun May 06, 2012 1:11 pm

yes but they are somewhat a sneaky type of cones, they kicked themselve out without you noticing it :lol:

...well then I dunno :) it looks like the baskets disappearance in Gira. They are there then on next linking you miss 1 on the second linking you miss a 2nd one.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed May 09, 2012 11:52 am

I suspect there is some intermittent bug in our state mechanisms since we're seeing several physical objects go nuts on link in. I cannot prove that hypothesis without a lot of work though. Anyway, we're redesigning vast (read: all) parts of the server based on information we collected at the pod party. The aforementioned state mechanism is going to be replaced with a known working one during this process.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Gehn Shard