trouble logging in

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

trouble logging in

Postby karoh » Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 am

shorah, I'm not able to log into the Gehn shard uru live game. However, my password works here. Can anyone help me check out the problem, and also tell me how to create my personal login password? I'm still using the one given to me when i registered. thanks!
karoh
karoh

Re: trouble logging in

Postby Branan » Mon May 07, 2012 7:08 am

Did you resolve your issue? I just checked the server log and it looks like you had a successful login.

As for creating your password: just change your password on the forum (it's part of the "User Control Panel"), then log out of the forum and log back in. Your password on Gehn should then be synched to your new forum password. I know it's kind of awkward having the extra logout/login step to update Gehn. The whole password integration thing is not as robust as we'd like somethings, mostly due to phpbb :(
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 am

For the Past 2 days I have not been able to access the Shard. I can login, but I never get to the point where I can access my Avatar.

Here are my Log Folder Elf Files
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 am

I suppose they fixed that already ... I could just easily log in and roam ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu May 10, 2012 10:20 am

I just tryed again. For 10 minutes I watched the black screen that initially said updating then had an open book with a rotating circle (Yes I have also diabled Virus Protection). I had to use Alt F4 to shut down URU...

Here are my most recent Log Folder Elf Files
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Thu May 10, 2012 11:26 am

I've had a couple of recent attempts where I've had to shut down the launcher via task manager and try again - including one just now - but each time I've got in second time of trying.
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu May 10, 2012 11:57 am

OK I am now logged in. But - it took 25 minutes waiting to get to the Avatar Choice screen...
Wamduskasapa

Postby Gahlen » Thu May 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Acorn wrote:I've had a couple of recent attempts where I've had to shut down the launcher via task manager and try again - including one just now - but each time I've got in second time of trying.

I get that every time. I've wondered if it is a Mac- or Wineskin-specific problem. What platform are you on?
Gahlen

Postby Acorn » Thu May 10, 2012 10:58 pm

it's a pc, operating Windows 7 home premium. But it's a new phenomenon, whereas I've been playing Gehn for several months on this system.
Acorn

Postby janaba » Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 am

I've been logging in yesterday evening my time, so around 13:00 pm Ki time, before the GoSleeper's Anniversary party in Ae'gura
and I could get in easily ... I didn't want to discourage anyone and thus didn't post it in the hope that this would be resolved quickly,
but today, 10 minutes ago, I logged in again very easyly in windowed mode and this time I switched back to fullview to see if that
would make a difference (logged out and in again), but not so, all went fluently again and I could roam the city as well as the hood ...
Yeah, I'm just saying ... /shrug ... :P

Who knows what this might be about this time lol ... I'm going with Win 7 Home Premium 64bit as well btw ... Maybe the server
prefers ladies at this time lol ... No, seriously, I believe our magicians are suspecting already what that might be about right now ... :D
janaba

Next

Return to Gehn Shard