How to reach Ercana Canyon Top

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Postby Ron Landry » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Annabelle has written about this item in her thread A skydiver adventure on Gehn shard. She reached the top, but she couldn't describe how she has managed this:
I didn't know how I'd go there but was determined to reach it.

I suppose, there are some explorers (like me), who may be eager to make a sightseeing tour on top of the canyon, but couldn't manage it. A couple of days ago I accidentally find a reproducible way to reach the top and decided to write a "How To". Attached you find a zipped series of commented KI screenshots, which are self-explanatory.

HAVE FUN !
Attachments
ercana-howto-climb.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 245 times
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Re: How to reach Ercana Canyon Top

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:37 am

Thank you, Ron, I'm looking forward to trying it! Like you, I'd been intrigued by Annabelle's description but had failed to get to the top.

Edit - yes, I got there, and walked all the way along the ridge. Brilliant! It took a few tries - I fell down quite a few times at your pics 5/6, but I found that sometimes although I'd fallen, I had not hit the floor. From there, hovering just above the cavern floor, I was all set for the climb from pics 7-10 . The climb takes you a bit above the level of the canyon top but then you drop down automatically onto the ledge and you can then enjoy the wonderful views!
Last edited by Acorn on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acorn

Postby janaba » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:32 am

Awesome!!! Great job, Ron, thank you ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:28 am

Ron I also thank you

A very Interesting and exciting excursion into a portion of Ercana very seldom seen
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh that's funny Ron :lol:

You read me but you didn't understand that after that "I'm not able to reproduce it"...I'm actually able to and I explained the Howto (as per Acorn's post (see the 2nd post on this thread)).

I don't mind and in fact I'm glad you took time to take KI shots and explained in details how to climb up the Er'cana Canyon.

I do it by the opposite side and in mid-way, I have to switch on your side to finish the climb. Whatever... at least you showed a way to reach the top. Many explorers will be able now to explore that area, huge area in fact. I can go up to the Mill (the last 200-300 feet are a bit hardcore, you have to walk on a tiny ledge suspended at 250 feet above the ground).

Have nice time exploring this age. :D

-----

Personal comment about how Cyan handles this age:

This is a real pity that over 50% of the area explorable in Er'cana is not reachable inside MOULa. This is the age with the most vast area unreachable. Why putting so much solid planes if no explorer can actually go there? This is unbelievable.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Gehn Shard