Bg Report: multiple bugs

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bg Report: multiple bugs

Postby PeterC » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm not sure if all of these bugs have been reported or if attempts were made to fix them in this recent patch, so here they are:

Teledahn:
After climbing down the ladder from the initial hut, but before the second ladder, you need to jump to get off the walkway to the room floor. (reported elsewhere)
The stairs leading up to the door to the Bahro door has an invis. barrier in the way. You need to jump it. (reported elsewhere).
Openning the door that leads to the Bahro door put the persion in 3rd person view and during that the camera appears to be above the ceiling showing places above the wall.
In MOULa, you have to do a running jump to lower the broken platform to the rock. In Gehn Shard, a standing jump lowers it. Could we get the MOULa one to match the Gehn Shard?

Gahreesen:
I can not see myself while in the spinning gear or going up the elevator. I am simply not drawn.
When the other doors of secondary building (with the wall game) open and close, the view isn't switching to 3rd person until you are on the other side even if you started in 1st person view.
Sparklie missing in Gahreesehn prison, didn't see the one in the secondary building.

Kadish Tolesa:
Sparklie missing.
The stairs at the top of the 3rd puzzle (4 rising pillars with ladders) are blocked invis.

Nexus:
The image on the linking book for the Vothol Gallery looks exactly like the image for the Nexus.

Ae'gerus:
The steps leading to the Kaydish Gallery block the way. One needs to jump over.

Everything else looks fine from URU Prime and to D'ni. Will continue checking things out at another time.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one. -Dendwaler

Have you even TRIED to set up a client and server? THAT takes ages. -PeterC
PeterC

Re: Bg Report: multiple bugs

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:44 pm

PeterC wrote:I'm not sure if all of these bugs have been reported or if attempts were made to fix them in this recent patch, so here they are:

Thanks, excellent list!

Teledahn:
PeterC wrote:After climbing down the ladder from the initial hut, but before the second ladder, you need to jump to get off the walkway to the room floor. (reported elsewhere)
The stairs leading up to the door to the Bahro door has an invis. barrier in the way. You need to jump it. (reported elsewhere).

Yes, sadly these are >can't fix< sorts of bugs without permission from Cyan to do so.
PeterC wrote:Opening the door that leads to the Bahro door put the persion in 3rd person view and during that the camera appears to be above the ceiling showing places above the wall.

Thanks, I'll look into this one. It will probably need a fix in the datafiles (camera collision) to fix though.
PeterC wrote:In MOULa, you have to do a running jump to lower the broken platform to the rock. In Gehn Shard, a standing jump lowers it. Could we get the MOULa one to match the Gehn Shard?

It's unlikely Cyan will accept any PhysX fixes. :(

Gahreesen:
PeterC wrote:I can not see myself while in the spinning gear or going up the elevator. I am simply not drawn.

I have not seen this. Thanks!
PeterC wrote:When the other doors of secondary building (with the wall game) open and close, the view isn't switching to 3rd person until you are on the other side even if you started in 1st person view.

Which doors do you mean exactly?
PeterC wrote:Sparklie missing in Gahreesehn prison, didn't see the one in the secondary building.

Spark isn't missing. They're not currently activated (and only one should be on at any time, by design).

Kadish Tolesa:
PeterC wrote:Sparklie missing.

Spark isn't missing. They're not currently activated (and only one should be on at any time, by design).
PeterC wrote:The stairs at the top of the 3rd puzzle (4 rising pillars with ladders) are blocked invis.

Same problem as the other stairs. The collision was built incorrectly and we cannot fix it without Cyan's permission.

Nexus:
PeterC wrote:The image on the linking book for the Vothol Gallery looks exactly like the image for the Nexus.

Known Issue - The Nexus image is what books show when the engine can't find a proper one, and the way the Nexus is designed doesn't allow us to easily add new images. Workarounds have been considered but none are in place.

Ae'gura:
PeterC wrote:The steps leading to the Kaydish Gallery block the way. One needs to jump over.

Same problem as the other stairs.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:10 am

Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:Sparklie missing.

Spark isn't missing. They're not currently activated (and only one should be on at any time, by design)..

there is one sparklie now active #05 (May) - Descent

EDIT: Image but nothing happens when you try to walk through it... Image
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:02 am

Wamduskasapa wrote: but nothing happens when you try to walk through it...

In MOULa this one requires a jump. I'm not sure if this the case with Gehn but it should be worth a try.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:34 am

Haha ... Wam ... lol ... You've manipulated something!!! Admit it! Hehe ... In that case it could very
well be that nothing happens ... Maybe you forgot any adjustment anywhere to register it properly ... :)

I immediately went to check that, but there was nothing and that's the source for my assumption ... :D
janaba

Postby Branan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:51 am

That sparkle is enabled only for members of the very first 'hood. I turned it on for testing something and never turned it off again. Descent is hood-instanced, so everybody in the hood can see it.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 am

D'Lanor wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote: but nothing happens when you try to walk through it...

In MOULa this one requires a jump. I'm not sure if this the case with Gehn but it should be worth a try.

I forgot about jumping --- And I now have retrieved that sparklie on the Gehn Shard!!!!!
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 am

Great!!! So, it's good to know that it would register on Relto by showing up, that's what
I wanted to know in the first place ... I now wonder when you'll be ready to activate all
of them for all of us ... :D
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 am

PLEASE with sugar on it

Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah, they work, actually have the whole time AFAIK. The trouble is everyone's been too busy with other things to write proper tools and support in the server to make it easy to activate/deactivate them. :(

We need more devs. Lately more than ever, as no one's really felt like working on Uru much.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Gehn Shard