Bg Report: multiple bugs

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Bg Report: multiple bugs

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 am

Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:Opening the door that leads to the Bahro door put the persion in 3rd person view and during that the camera appears to be above the ceiling showing places above the wall.

Thanks, I'll look into this one. It will probably need a fix in the datafiles (camera collision) to fix though.

I'm not able to duplicate this. Can you be more specific on which door?

Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:I can not see myself while in the spinning gear or going up the elevator. I am simply not drawn.

I have not seen this. Thanks!

I just checked and this does not happen for me. Was this a consistent bug, or did each only occur once? Does this happen for you on MOULa as well, or only on Gehn?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby PeterC » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:When the other doors of secondary building (with the wall game) open and close, the view isn't switching to 3rd person until you are on the other side even if you started in 1st person view.

Which doors do you mean exactly?

Sorry that should read OUTER doors. If you go up the elevator, run out onto the platform and make the two jumps to the second building those outer doors won't switch the view.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one. -Dendwaler

Have you even TRIED to set up a client and server? THAT takes ages. -PeterC
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:Opening the door that leads to the Bahro door put the persion in 3rd person view and during that the camera appears to be above the ceiling showing places above the wall.

Thanks, I'll look into this one. It will probably need a fix in the datafiles (camera collision) to fix though.

I'm not able to duplicate this. Can you be more specific on which door?

If you leave the prison area to the next building. Go in the doorway, turn right, up the stairs (where the invis block is), and to the door you pull open (<-- that's the door) you switch to 3rd person and the camera goes through the ceiling.

Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:I can not see myself while in the spinning gear or going up the elevator. I am simply not drawn.

I have not seen this. Thanks!

I just checked and this does not happen for me. Was this a consistent bug, or did each only occur once? Does this happen for you on MOULa as well, or only on Gehn?[/quote]

After I first went in and couldn't see myself, I Relto'd out, went back into it, so I could simply back out instead of trying to determine which direction the avatar was facing. So 2 times so far. I will go back in there and check it again.

Edit: went back in and it's fine. It must have corrected itself after I logged out. So, this might be a one-shot, might be random.

Edit: New bug found, the clock Relto page in Maintenance area 3 of Ahnonay is not showing properly nor can it be clicked. All I see is the green drawing of the clock and no page. I logged off and back on, and still the same.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one. -Dendwaler

PeterC

Postby Deledrius » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 am

PeterC wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
PeterC wrote:When the other doors of secondary building (with the wall game) open and close, the view isn't switching to 3rd person until you are on the other side even if you started in 1st person view.

Which doors do you mean exactly?

Sorry that should read OUTER doors. If you go up the elevator, run out onto the platform and make the two jumps to the second building those outer doors won't switch the view.

I am unable to reproduce this. Approaching the doors in first-person properly switches to third-person for the full animation.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 am

Yep, same here ... When I approach the door in first person it properly switches to 3rd person
and when I'm inside and the door closes behind me I am switched back to first person ... :P
janaba

1st person vs 3rd person

Postby gabriml » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:09 am

You can't completely escape the 3rd person view in URU. You have to endure animations and certain actions in 3rd person.

MY OPINION: 1st person is handy for lining up jumps and looking around and peering over precipices. Personally I can't handle 1st person very long--it give me vertigo. That is why I latched on to URU due to the easier 3rd person navigation.

I was so happy when they got MYST 5 ages to 'work' in URU. It made exploring MYST 5 it more enjoyable for me. Now we need RealMyst and the other Myst series imported--but I'm not holding my breath.
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Re: 1st person vs 3rd person

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 am

gabriml wrote:I was so happy when they got MYST 5 ages to 'work' in URU. It made exploring MYST 5 it more enjoyable for me. Now we need RealMyst ------- series imported.

Now that I fully agree with to actually have a MYST that was not destroyed would be beautiful...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby PeterC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm

The doors seem to be working today. Just seems my avatar was having a bad day with that and the invisibility in the gear.

Any luck with the Relto page?

PeterC

Postby Branan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:27 pm

The relto page likely won't be enabled until the next build. This is something we have to fix in the scripts, since our server doesn't support changing global game settings.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard