Question

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Question

Postby zeke365 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Is there any reason you named the shard Ghen or did it just sound good together?
zeke365

Re: Question

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Probably because it just made sense to have a cannonical name to the shard, similar to OpenUru calling there's Minkata. It's a throw back to the names of the first three shards in Uru Live's 2003 Prologue -Cyan ran the Atrus, and Katran shard publicly, and then a Rehearsal shard named Achenar.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 pm

There's actually a much less thrilling explanation... I named the server the GoW is running on Gehn. The shard inherited that name after all the other admins were sufficiently impressed ;). It's quite a nice coincidence that all of GPNMilano's factoids are true though :D
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Gahlen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Ha! My personal theory was always that since "MOULa" is a sort-of pun on the first half of the golfing term "mulligan" (acc. to Wikipedia, a second chance for a player to have a go at something), "Gehn" was intended to supply the second half. Of course, no implication that Cyan, having only gone half the distance, now needs the help of the Writers to finish what it started, should be read into this. :twisted:
Gahlen

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm quite pleased that there are so many potential meanings to it, intended or otherwise. That sort of thing just really makes me happy.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am

Deledrius wrote:I'm quite pleased that there are so many potential meanings to it, intended or otherwise. That sort of thing just really makes me happy.

Watch out, your inner English major (literary concentration) is coming out... :twisted:
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 am

Gahlen wrote:Ha! My personal theory was always that since "MOULa" is a sort-of pun on the first half of the golfing term "mulligan" (acc. to Wikipedia,
a second chance for a player to have a go at something), "Gehn" was intended to supply the second half. Of course, no implication that
Cyan, having only gone half the distance, now needs the help of the Writers to finish what it started, should be read into this. :twisted:

I wonder why you would expel that implication, when reality and history already proved this to be a probable,
logical reasoning and path to proceed ... :D (of course, I've noticed your 'twisted e...' smiley ... ;) )
janaba

Return to Gehn Shard