New Installer

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: New Installer

Postby DNeo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:I have updated the Gehn Shard installer today. The new version includes the correct server.ini (you won't get stuck "Connecting to Server") and it includes a fix for that pesky "Hard drive full" error (you won't have to run the game as an administrator any more). If you experience any problems with the new installer, please let me know.

My first attempt at downloading the Gehn Shard installer after creating an account, authenticating, and logging in had issue. When I tried to log out after my first successful login, I got an Internet Explorer 11 (on Win 8.1 x64 running Desktop Mode), I could not logout, but got a Cannot Display Page error. I closed the tab, then logged in to the GOW Forums again.

This time the installer link in your post downloaded successfully. The installer is running and downloading the latest patch. I'm glad that Gehn is running. I was able to log in but on the Avatar creation screen, after selecting a shirt, hair style and color, and age, while selecting my character's build I got a server disconnect error.

FYI, I was one of the original Uru Beta Testers, starting with prototyping sessions at Ubisoft San Francisco. 8-)
Attachments
KIimage0001.jpg
Getting my KI on MOUL:a
KIimage0001.jpg (76.37 KiB) Viewed 3115 times
DNeo

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Sorry about that. It would seem our provider on which aspects of the GoW network are hosted, including Gehn, has been having connectivity issues today.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:40 pm

The Gehn Shard installer has been updated to fix the issue in which not all files would be downloaded correctly from MOULa. There is no need to reinstall the Gehn Shard if it is working correctly for you.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:36 pm

The Gehn Shard installer has been updated to not require downloading files from MOULa. They will now be downloaded directly from Gehn. There is no need to reinstall the Gehn Shard if it is working correctly for you.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard