New Installer

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

New Installer

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 pm

I have updated the Gehn Shard installer today. The new version includes the correct server.ini (you won't get stuck "Connecting to Server") and it includes a fix for that pesky "Hard drive full" error (you won't have to run the game as an administrator any more). If you experience any problems with the new installer, please let me know.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: New Installer

Postby Charura » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Excellent..I'm not a whiner..have not been able to log in for awhile..this works..good job...@ Tsar Hoikas...I can see why you chose that avie to portray your attitude....lol
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby GorenDeBree » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:07 am

Trying to install via installer.

After launching this message appears:

Failed to delete old patcher executable. Access is denied.

Please point me in the right direction to fix this.

Thanks,
Goren
GorenDeBree

Postby GorenDeBree » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 am

Just tried uninstalling and launching installer fresh and followed all instuctions.

Same message.

Hope someone reads this.

Thanks for all you do!
Goren
GorenDeBree

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 am

Run the launcher as an administrator (I guess my "fix" didn't work for you).
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Lyrositor and I have updated the installer again. There are no fixes, so you do not have to reinstall Gehn Shard if it is working properly. This update is largely cosmetic--we don't want any new users to be put off by the spartan-ness of the old installer ;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:35 am

Wow! ... fancy ... :D
janaba

Postby Acorn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 pm

It's great that you're preparing for new members following the AGM and in advance of the party.

A bit off topic but, relating to the hoped-for influx,

I've thought for a while that the Gehn forum "welcome" message doesn't really "sell" the shard - why should a new player want to join in the first place? I found myself chatting to a Gehn "newbie" a while back and he asked me about what the shard had to offer, over MOULa. I made up my own reply but there didn't seem to be a handy "authorised" version to refer him to. I'm not suggesting a Gehn Guild of Greeters - though it does have a ring to it - but regular players may get asked for help and information, and you might want to feed us some material or signpost it, if it already exists.

Maybe you have this in hand too, of course!
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Good Point. I didn't even think about that welcome message (and I've revamped almost everything else O.o).

We'll see if we can't come up with anything better
Tsar Hoikas

Postby krepta3000 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm quite upset at not being able to Post Anything in either the Bug Reports thread or Known Issues thread, as suggested for reporting bugs! How the heck do I report a bug?! What, I just wish people to know, and they do? Stop screwing around! If you have a thread for Bug Reports it should not be locked so that no one can report bugs! I'm so freaking mad right now I probably need a Valium or whatever.

So, since I can't post a bug report message, I won't. Satisfied?

As for the installer, awesome idea, love it, it just grabs the vanilla install stuff, copies it to a new location, and modifies as needed to get onto the shard! Now if only it Worked! But, hey, who am I to complain, it'snot like MOULa doesn't work, I can still get on there, I don't Need to visit your shard and enjoy your celebration of one whole year of being up and running. Quite a neat welcome you have there, an installer that doesn't work, and a forum where you can't report a bug. How about you use twitter instead of a forum for bug reports at least?

Seriously pissed off Uru Explorer Krepta signing off. :x
krepta3000

Next

Return to Gehn Shard