New Installer

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: New Installer

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback, krepta3000. I've responded to your bug report thread.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Jones » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 am

Hello, my friends.

I just freshly installed Gehn on my new Windows 8 pc. On starting, login and the update worked fine, but when I accept the license, I receive an error message:
"PhysX is not unstalled or an older version is installed."
"Install new version? (Game will exit if you click 'no') ".

I click "yes", and see:
"Failed to launch PhysX installer."
"Please re-run URU to be sure you have the latest version."

I do have PhysX installed, of course. I'm running Moula, and Minkata just fine.
Installed AEGIA PhysX engines
v2.6.0
v2.5.1
v2.5.0
v2.4.4
v2.4.0
v2.3.3
v2.3.2
v2.3.1

So, what could be the fix?
Thanks...
Indy
Jones

Postby Mystler » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 am

Install the latest NVidia PhysX drivers:
This and the legacy version too.
Mystler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm

I've updated the installer again with a fix that should (hopefully) eliminate all of the failed to create XYZ bugs that require you to run the game as an administrator. You do not need to reinstall if you do not experience this issue.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 pm

I've updated the installer again to fix the missing DLL problems.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:32 pm

I've updated the installer to fix a problem with the Visual C++ 2010 redist causing your PC to restart during the installation. You do not need to reinstall the shard client if it is working.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:45 pm

A new version of the Gehn Shard installer has been released. You do not need to reinstall; however, the new installer introduces convenience features that you may appreciate.

Changes:
  • You no longer need a MOULa install to install the Gehn Shard. The installer will search for a MOULa install to copy from. If it cannot find one (because you didn't use Cyan's installer or copied MOULa from another computer), it will launch a game repair.
  • The installer creates a shortcut to our built-in Gehn Shard Game Repair feature, added in Gehn 18. It ensures that your game data is up-to-date with the latest Cyan files. Use this if you get "cannot download" errors when trying to play Gehn.
  • The installer creates a shortcut to the folder containing your KI images, Avatar headshots, Avatar outfits, and game logs.

Note that the installer no longer installs OpenAL for you. This is handled by the game launcher, so you may see one (or more) UAC prompts during your first Gehn Shard session. These are not viruses--these are updates to components required to play on the Gehn Shard. We have implemented these features to reduce "user pain" when we require new versions of things that you would otherwise have to download and install yourself.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Acorn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:21 am

Wow. 8-) :D

Thanks!
Acorn

Postby janaba » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:36 am

The new installer is very noble and just awesome ... I've tried it yesterday already (very late lol) and it worked perfectly well and fast ... I completely installed the Gehn Shard anew on a different partition, just to see how the installer works etc. and it went real fast, one or two minutes and it was done, and the uninstaller removed everything properly even more fast ... :P

As I wanted to see if and how this installer would install over my existent installation, I waited for today to comment on this, and above all I wanted to have that classy Start Menue Gehn Shard entry with a 'Gehn Shard - Repair' tool, the 'Gehn User Profile' direct link (log files, KI and avatar images etc.) and an 'Uninstaller', which I didn't have before with my old installation ... This installing over worked fast and perfectly well too, and I now have my convenient links ...
Congratulations, Adam and the H'Uru team, awesome job ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:24 am

Very nice installer indeed :)

I really like the new avatar selection window in D'ni-K'veer. The installer even updated my icon in my shortcut folder on my desktop where I keep all my numerous URU installs' logins.

I went to Vothol Gallery for a short time to make sure everything was ready for the party. Someone has swept the floor, it's shiny! 8-)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard