The Pellet Drop

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: The Pellet Drop

Postby dtierce » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Acorn wrote:Aha, that may be what I'm doing wrong in Complete Chronicles (and the shards that use it), I keep getting the steam and bubbles even though the recipe is right.

In the off-line game, you have to wait in Ercana for the pellets to finish baking. If you don't, the pellets will fail regardless of the recipe used. Fortunately, the time-scale is much shorter in the off-line game. IIRC the Bahro cave formula translates to about a 15 minute wait time.

David Tierce
MOULa-KI: 15763576
GEHN-KI: 00022090
DI-KI: 00145074
dtierce

Postby Branan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Keep in mind that the bubbles/steam and explosion pellet types actually subtract points from the overall lake score. They're cool, but if any sort of end-game regarding the lake points is finally implemented remember that you are doing harm with them!
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:18 pm

dtierce wrote:
In the off-line game, you have to wait in Ercana for the pellets to finish baking. If you don't, the pellets will fail regardless of the recipe used. Fortunately, the time-scale is much shorter in the off-line game. IIRC the Bahro cave formula translates to about a 15 minute wait time.

David Tierce

Ah, so that's it! Thanks, David.

Branan wrote:Keep in mind that the bubbles/steam and explosion pellet types actually subtract points from the overall lake score. They're cool, but if any sort of end-game regarding the lake points is finally implemented remember that you are doing harm with them!

Thanks for the warning, but I was aware that the algae don't like being blown up!
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Branan wrote:Keep in mind that the bubbles/steam and explosion pellet types actually subtract points from the overall lake score. They're cool, but if any sort of end-game regarding the lake points is finally implemented remember that you are doing harm with them!

Acorn wrote:Thanks for the warning, but I was aware that the algae don't like being blown up!

NOR do they like being Gassed

so use those 3 recipes in your off line game

and stay away from the musical fruit
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:38 pm

If I see a sudden drop in the lake score, I'll know what's up :P

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using Tapatalk 2
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Charura » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm sorry .. I had no intention of dropping BAD pellets in any on-line shard...I like to see them though...lol
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Gahlen » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 pm

As an odd but weirdly intriguing historical footnote to all this, there was a radical splitter group, back in the day, called The League of Light, which argued that neither we nor the DRC knew enough about the algae to go messing about with their metabolisms or with the lake ecology in general; they advocated, and (with their own recipe) actively pursued, nutrient levels that would keep them dormant. From a certain perspective, a kind of Cavern ecoterrorism; from another, a noble campaign of resistance in the name of millions of single cell organisms that cannot speak for themselves. You decide. :)
Gahlen

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Hah, I remember that. Back when we used to have an engaged community :|

In a way, I kind of agree. I was in the process of describing how exactly the algae in the lake worked (on a genetic level--remember that I'm a biologist!) and extrapolating that to the current biorhythm disruption we see now. I had some fairly interesting ideas floating around. One of the major points was that the pellets were totally useless. I don't know if I should share the rest of my notes--just in case they ever make it into game one day.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sirius » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:55 am

Branan wrote:...if any sort of end-game regarding the lake points is finally implemented...
If you want such kind of game with pellet points, I wrote a script a while ago that does that.

The version I released was for PotS and I didn't manage to bind the pellet score to the script (or it would have worked offline only), so I commented out some code lines to do that and left only the day/night cycle (see the other thread for more info).

However since pellet points are easier to access with MOUL's API, it requires only a few changes to make it work.
I already added the required code in the comments. It's untested but should work fine.

Considering the awesome number of replies on the other thread, I guess most people didn't care or like it :lol: .
So, just choose whether you want to use it on Gehn. If you don't, that's no big deal ;) .
Sirius

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:33 am

I wonder how it could be that the pellets were totally useless when they were suggested
to actually nurture the algae and its eleaborate production procedure was aimed at that
goal, to let them thrive and lighten the cavern again ... but I'm not a biologist and I don't
understand anything around that subject matter ... it'd be interesting to know how the
algae work and its exact purpose, and of course the real purpose of the pellet baking
and its primordial use and field of application ... :P

I am using the 44 / 30 / 25 recipe btw which gives a nice and beautiful orange glow ...
I'm not the fast and furious one lol ... and my score attained is always around 4.900 sth
per bunch ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard