Gehn.14 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.14 Live!

Postby Acorn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 pm

I'd not noticed before that the Ki doesn't recognise Phil's Relto. Whelen Le talked to me from there this morning and it said he was in "unknown". I went there myself and opened my Ki - again it said "unknown". I've been waiting for MOULa and Minkata to come back online to check them both: they both identify Phil's Relto correctly. Is this a new or a known issue?

Other snagging issues - the relto book on my new avvie's hip is missing. I think it was Wamduskasapa who noticed this first in Gehn13.

And the fish tank button behaviour has changed - maybe the bug Charura noticed a week ago

Charura wrote:First one I encountered was at the fish tank. I pressed the button but I froze there. I could use my KI to take a picture but my Relto book wouldn't work and I had to Alt-F4 out. {Click on the images for a larger view}

Second time I was able to press the button and continue....I'll try it again with a new avvie.

but I didn't have quite the same experience - usually
Show Spoiler

Teledahn camera issues are now MUCH better, thanks. :P
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:49 pm

zeke365 wrote:when I enter the symbols to listen to Yessha final message it does not work. It just shows her speaking in dni.

That sounds like the wrong combination got entered. I'm pretty sure we haven't changed anything that would affect Yeesha :? I would test this myself, but I haven't finished the Prime journey yet.

Acorn wrote:I'd not noticed before that the Ki doesn't recognise Phil's Relto. Whelen Le talked to me from there this morning and it said he was in "unknown". I went there myself and opened my Ki - again it said "unknown". I've been waiting for MOULa and Minkata to come back online to check them both: they both identify Phil's Relto correctly. Is this a new or a known issue?

Sounds new to me. It's probably a result of the many KI changes we've made lately. So, we have Phil's Relto calling itself UNKOWN, Ae'gura calling itself D'ni-Ae'gura' (spurious apostrophe), and Tre'bivdil doesn't know if it's Trebivdil or trebivdil, neither of which are actually correct :ugeek:.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Acorn wrote:I'd not noticed before that the Ki doesn't recognise Phil's Relto. Whelen Le talked to me from there this morning
and it said he was in "unknown". I went there myself and opened my Ki - again it said "unknown". I've been waiting
for MOULa and Minkata to come back online to check them both: they both identify Phil's Relto correctly. Is this a
new or a known issue?

Sounds new to me. It's probably a result of the many KI changes we've made lately. So, we have Phil's Relto calling itself UNKOWN,
Ae'gura calling itself D'ni-Ae'gura' (spurious apostrophe), and Tre'bivdil doesn't know if it's Trebivdil or trebivdil, neither of which are actually correct :ugeek:.

Sorry, but this is not new ... I've mentioned this already when the October sparklie didn't show up ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 am

sorry, Janaba! :lol: Might have known you'd have found it :P
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
zeke365 wrote:when I enter the symbols to listen to Yessha final message it does not work. It just shows her speaking in dni.

That sounds like the wrong combination got entered. I'm pretty sure we haven't changed anything that would affect Yeesha :? I would test this myself, but I haven't finished the Prime journey yet.

Just finished it myself, and all worked as normal for me, zeke365.
Acorn

Postby zeke365 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 am

yes the combination combination is different in in new games but thanks for the help. I was able to complete yessaha journey
zeke365

Postby janaba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:23 am

Today I've created a new avi, janaba3 lol, and everything went well in the desert ... Zandi was telling me
everything I should know and by now I'e just collected the prime ages and started to go through Teledahn,
when I experienced sth I've never experienced there, I had to try to go through the aquarium four or five
times, but maybe I've done sth wrong, yeah I froze again and again lol, but I'm through now ... :P

Something else happened, and I've checked this also again and again and with my other avi ...
When I look through the telescopes in Teledahn, all of them, and zoom in and/or out I get this
view ... see the sequence below ...

Show Spoiler

When I log out and in again the picture in the telescopes is ok and the telescope view can be moved,
it just changes with zooming in and out ... AND I just had another great idea, to be absolutely sure lol,
while writing this here I logged in again and looked through the telescope on the Tokotah Rooftop and
same story and occurrence ... :geek:

In case you'd be interested I've saved the log of one logging in again, means not the whole process
of avatar creation lol, but one time logging in, going through the aquarium and looking through the
telescope in Sharper's office and logging out (maybe I took the Bahro stone with me too lol) ... :D
Python.0.log_Janaba3-Teledahn_Telescope.zip
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

That is it so far, will go on exploring later or tomorrow ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

janaba wrote:When I look through the telescopes in Teledahn, all of them, and zoom in and/or out

hey, janaba, I've never known how to zoom the telescopes - what is the trick I'm missing? :?

And another dumb question - when I deleted an avvie (alas poor Berberis) to make room for my new AcornGehn14 (I had a crash again when I did so, same as when I made #13), she was allocated to her predecessor's hood - is this what normally happens? I'd assumed she'd join a brand new hood.
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi, Acorn, you scroll by just using the '+' and '-' on your numpad ... I love to do that, this makes it all so real lol ...
The middle mouse scroll wheel, which works great for the avi, to zoom into the sceneries, not everywhere,
but in many places, doesn't work with the telescopes, but the plus and minus buttons on the numpad work ... :P

I actually didn't really intent to do it this time as I always did, but I nonetheless felt I should and did it and the
results you see above lol ... :D

I really wanted to give you all better news from Eder Gira, but one of my fish baskets is again hanging above
the lava glued to the bridge ... :)
Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 pm

I just got both halves of the Er'cana/Ahnonay donut by
Show Spoiler
- I know it used to be possible, and I guess the tweaks to the physics have made it easier to do once again. ;)

Thanks for the tip on the telescope, janaba, I'll have a go! :P
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard