Gehn.14 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.14 Live!

Postby janaba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:51 pm

I've completed Teledahn, Gahreesen and Kemo/Gira by now and almost Ahnonay ...
Everything works smooth so far, except those telescope graphics glitches mentioned
above, means the old Teledahn camera issues are completely gone and one can easily
walk all stairs up and down in all mentioned ages etc., you can still kick the Kadish leaves
and the quabs behave nicely ... :P

There is no Ki light activation in Descent yet, but what was awesome was the warning
of the login screen to deactivate your caps lock and even in German, so that
you won't enter a wrong password ... Cool ... :)
janaba

Postby dorenavant » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 pm

So far since the update, I've found that stairs in general are less sticky, but I'm still having trouble getting caught while running up them. No problems with the Gira baskets for me, but I couldn't get my KI to register at the Concert Hall station.
dorenavant

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Whoops! I guess I missed your report back in October, janaba. Though, in my defense, I was kind of stressed out back then, so maybe I saw it and forgot? I dunno. I think I can look into the age instance naming issues tomorrow. Thankfully, that's not a show stopping issue :)

As for the telescopes, I'm betting I know what's wrong there. I haven't read any code yet or made any fixes, but I do have a starting point. I also have a plan for how to fix the issues we saw with ages hanging during the party. I might want to call a door run soon-ish so I can do some testing there.

And that's the end of this "I..." post. :geek:
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 am

janaba wrote:
Something else happened, and I've checked this also again and again and with my other avi ...
When I look through the telescopes in Teledahn, all of them, and zoom in and/or out I get this
view ... see the sequence below ...

When I log out and in again the picture in the telescopes is ok and the telescope view can be moved,
it just changes with zooming in and out ... AND I just had another great idea, to be absolutely sure lol,
while writing this here I logged in again and looked through the telescope on the Tokotah Rooftop and
same story and occurrence ... :geek:
P

Confirmed - the scope in the hood too. It seems to be the minus sign that causes the trouble. Plus seems to work normally.
Acorn

Postby Ainia » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Deledrius wrote:Changes in this build:
  • Mop crazy glue off floors and stairs

Many thanks Deledrius for all your hard work!! :D I have noticed that I can no longer climb the Trebiv'dil tree (I used to be able to get about halfway up); and that the climb in Vothol Gallery is now much tricker (but still doable, with patience and luck). Did you perchance remove the velcro from our shoes when you mopped the floors??

And BTW, the Nexus floor is now bright and shiny!! :D Guess it hadn't been cleaned in there since the Fall! Perhaps Laxman was too busy with getting the lattice up and working, eh? Anyhoo, thanks for the janitorial services!! ;)

And as an aside, it would be kinda fun if Vothol Gallery had something interesting hidden inside the secret niche... :)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby janaba » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Speaking of shininess ... Did anyone notice that the lake has been lightening up on Gehn? ... :D

I've noticed it when I linked to the hood balcony from Gahreesen, and I was astounded ...
The look over the hood to the lake was sooo shiny, and for the first time I've observed that
huge fish gracefully swimming by, which you see always btw, also down by the telescope ... :P

Of course, I logged in to MOULa to compare this view in my neighborhood over there,
but there is no fish and the lake on the Gehn Shard is really brighter ... This is our
Wam, constantly and tirelessly feeding the algae ... :lol:

Please, look into these pictures below to see the difference ... :)

(the quality of the pictures decreases considerably when uploading it to Photobucket,
and I have the same graphics settings on MOULa and on Gehn btw)

Gehn Show Spoiler

MOULa Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby Acorn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 pm

yay, I spotted a fish too!
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm going to be stopping and restarting the server a bit tonight. It's been whining about about a vault element with an ID of somewhere over three billion, but I can't find said element anywhere in the database.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:18 pm

That was easy[TM].

Moral of this story: always make sure your variables are initialized.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Karkadann » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 am

sounds like windows. "When in doubt, reboot" :lol:
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard