3 Bugs noted

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

3 Bugs noted

Postby Jeffrey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

This works great congrats and thanks to those who has worked on this. I noticed 3 bugs, doesn't effect game play though and I didn't see them anywhere else.

1. Ahnonay Cathedral - no link sound heard with touching the link book

2. Ahnonay Shpere 1 - when linking to Relto, the avatar does not open the Relto book or touch it, just disappears. This only happens in Shpere 1

3. Kveer - Nexus Link Book Station when placing hand in slot to add link to Nexus, no sound is heard.

I know 2 and 3 happen in the MOULa sever as well. Don't know if it is something that can be fixed.
Jeffrey

Re: 3 Bugs noted

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:00 am

Jeffrey wrote:This works great congrats and thanks to those who has worked on this. I noticed 3 bugs, doesn't effect game play though and I didn't see them anywhere else.

1. Ahnonay Cathedral - no link sound heard with touching the link book

2. Ahnonay Shpere 1 - when linking to Relto, the avatar does not open the Relto book or touch it, just disappears. This only happens in Shpere 1

3. Kveer - Nexus Link Book Station when placing hand in slot to add link to Nexus, no sound is heard.

I know 2 and 3 happen in the MOULa sever as well. Don't know if it is something that can be fixed.

Thanks for your feedback!

1. I cannot duplicate this. The sound plays for me.
  2. Confirmed. What a strange bug.
  3. Confirmed.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Jeffrey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:25 pm

The Ahnomay Cathedral linking out with no sound is intermittent. I should have mentioned that. It my actually be my sound card and the effects I have turned on.

The other 2 I had placed bug reports way back in the old days of game tap. The folks over a Cyan said they were aware and expect a fix soon. We all know how that turned out...lol.

Thanks for taking a look at those.
Jeffrey

Postby Ehren » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:38 pm

2. It has been like this in all versions of Uru and definitely has to do with swim regions. I am guessing that they disabled the animation for reaching to the book so that it wouldn't play if you use the Relto book while actually in the water (which would look a little odd since the avatar would look to be standing in the water before linking out). The animation not working on land near swim-able water being a side effect of that.
Ehren

Postby Deledrius » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Ehren wrote:2. It has been like this in all versions of Uru and definitely has to do with swim regions. I am guessing that they disabled the animation for reaching to the book so that it wouldn't play if you use the Relto book while actually in the water (which would look a little odd since the avatar would look to be standing in the water before linking out). The animation not working on land near swim-able water being a side effect of that.

That makes sense. I recall back during my first play of the initial release of TPotS trying to take a photo while swimming and falling when my avatar stopped swimming to use the KI! Sounds like typical "sledgehammer to swat a fly" problem solving here.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard