chat fading again

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

chat fading again

Postby Acorn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 am

I was just chatting in Aegura and my chat message kept fading again as I was typing it. Several of us had found this during the birthday party, when it might have been lag-related, but just now I think there were only two of us online.

The chat log didn't fade, but the list of people online and the message I was typing both kept disappearing.
Acorn

Re: chat fading again

Postby Lyrositor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:28 pm

I think what might be the cause of this issue might be the KI rewrite; it probably reset everyone's chat fade settings to the lowest setting.

Simply open up your KI and modify the chat fade time setting to reach a reasonable level once more.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 pm

According to my test, the chat fade slider does work, except it only fades the chat input and the age players lists. It doesn't actually fade the main chat box, like it's supposed to. :?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Agreed, Adam, that's the phenomenon I've been seeing. :roll:

Lyrositor, I've gone back to check all my avvies: all the fade times are maxed out according to the slider position. I'm pretty sure that when the chat was fading the other day, I went to settings to check it was at max, and it was, or as near as made no difference.

But maybe the Ki rewrite did reset the fade time, but didn't change the slider setting display? I could try minimising and then maximising in the hope that this sorts the problem? :)
Acorn

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 am

Hmm... That's definitely odd. From what I remember, when I tried it, it worked. I'll take a look at the code when I have the time.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 am

Is this still happening? From my observations, the fading behavior with the Cyan MOULa client and the Gehn.15 client are identical. (Though interestingly, Minkata appears to suffer from the input-fading-while-typing issue)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Acorn » Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 am

I've not been chatting to anyone much recently - the last time was when Wam and I tried to turn Ahnonay and I didn't notice that problem - we were busy finding some other issues ;) I'd be happy to take part in a test if anyone wants to help check this out, but we'd need to fix a time - I'm spending most of my spare time in Elodea via UAM right now, thanks to Dulcamara and her huge and fascinating age. 8-)
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed May 29, 2013 2:39 pm

I did some more testing. It *does* still happen, but only if you type a message immediately after closing the BigKI. If you can find any more cases where it happens (or any other bugs besides the Gira baskets and Ahnonay quabs...), I'd be glad to hear it.

EDIT: This also happens on MOULa :twisted:
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
EDIT: This also happens on MOULa :twisted:

The chat didn't fade during the AGM today; I was doing some experiments.
Acorn

Return to Gehn Shard