Gehn.15 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.15 Live!

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Add Fehnir House
  • Add Tweek's Tre'bivdil stained glass
  • Fix Teledahn mining gun FOV refresh issue
  • Fix telescope FOV insanity
  • Fix many potential server crashes
  • Fix more spurious apostrophes in age names
  • Fix Phil's Relto naming
  • Improve kickable behavior (the server no longer swallows ownership messages)
  • Randomize Neighborhood stained glass designs
  • Compound Inert Tessellations

Please note that the scabs we hired to erect new stained glasses decided it would be a funny joke to swap around the garden linking books and jam the linking room doors. They tend to unjam themselves after they've been used twice, so I suppose we can forgive their silliness :roll:
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Gehn.15 Live!

Postby Acorn » Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Excellent news! Thanks to everyone! Can't wait to test it all out. And luckily we've got a holiday weekend coming up. :D

But I couldn't resist popping in for a quick look. I had the linking room door slammed in my face, as predicted - but it reopened OK. And then I got stuck in Fehnir's house. Admittedly, I was at the time jumping on the desk/bookshelf in the corner of the ground floor. :lol: I had to relto out.

Hours more testing fun now await! :P
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu May 02, 2013 2:25 am

So far everything seems to be testing out OK.

I am very happy that Fehnir's House made it into Gehn's Shard, It needed the recognition that it deserves..

What I would also like to see added, is the Takotah Meeting Room...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Thu May 02, 2013 6:07 am

Great!!! This sounds all very exciting and also funny ... will explore all the great additions and fixes soon resp. later in the day ... :P

Does this point 'Compound Inert Tessellations' refers to the seamless fluidity of the general team play? ... :lol:
(this is of course just a joke I couldn't resist ... your 'RL matters and stuff' are more important)
janaba

Postby janaba » Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Just finished my testing rounds and met Christian 'on the road' ... :P

I'm glad that I have three avatars already, cause like that I had the chance to see Tweek's awesome stained glass ... At first I thought already I'd miss it this time as you cannot enter hood book rooms of 'other hoods' than your own, Christian reminded me of this, and they are all closed and have to be opened twice lol ... Besides that, maybe you've seen it already, Adam or anyone of our H'Uru team, that someone seemed to have poured coffee or thrown coffee grounds or sth like that on the Tre'bivdil books ... :lol:

What else do we have ... the Teledahn telescopes are working perfectly well again, means the FOV or zoom insanity is over ... Phil's Relto is correctly labeled in the opened KI ... Don't know what to test as for the kickables, they're great for me ... Stained glass design randomization has to be tested next time, though with my three avis I've seen some of it working great already ...

Yeah, and the greatest new implementation for today, of course, is this absolutely beautiful and awesome 'Fehnir House' age ... I also love the music, which fits in perfectly ... It'd be great if it'd be possible to replay it through the cannen as it ends too soon and doesn't play continuously in a loop ...

Ok, that is it so far for now ... A great kudos and thumbsup for our awesome H'Uru team for much efforts and dedication that went into another great upgrade and with great improvements in many respects ... :)
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu May 02, 2013 2:53 pm

I had some issues with the Tre'bivdil book looking like rusted metal as well. Deledrius went to check it out, and it looked fine for him. I decided to upgrade my graphics drivers and the problem went away. Maybe you should try the same?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Thu May 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Christian has had the same vision ... I have the latest NVidia graphics drivers 314.22 already installed ... :?

I just looked again, but this 'phenomenon' is still there for me, and I also checked my graphics quality settings, and they are the highest possible ... /shrug ... :)
janaba

Postby mcbeam » Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm

ok can't get in (what else is new) got the ol autherzion fail :(
mcbeam

Postby Tweek » Thu May 02, 2013 8:51 pm

janaba wrote:'Fehnir House' age ... I also love the music, which fits in perfectly ... It'd be great if it'd be possible to replay it through the cannen as it ends too soon and doesn't play continuously in a loop ...

Oddly enough, in the newer version of Fehnir's house has a fix for this (and a great many other issues). When this update is release I can't say currently I have very little free time at the moment.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 am

janaba wrote:Christian has had the same vision ... I have the latest NVidia graphics drivers 314.22 already installed ... :?

I just looked again, but this 'phenomenon' is still there for me, and I also checked my graphics quality settings, and they are the highest possible ... /shrug ... :)

I am having no problems with the video on my Laptop, I have the latest DX drivers, PHXY drivers and nVidea Drivers loaded.
Here is my layest NVIDIA System Information report

Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Next

Return to Gehn Shard