Gehn.15 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.15 Live!

Postby Acorn » Fri May 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Deledrius wrote:
I wish we knew how many people this was affecting (and of course, why).

I see the rusty/bronze version too. As far as I remember, it was normal before, but I don't have a pic, unlike janaba. :geek: :lol:

I use a laptop and I understand I can't easily update my driver because it's customised to the laptop, so I guess I'm stuck with it.
Acorn

Postby Chuckles58 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Deledrius, I hadn't noticed the book looking like that before Gehn 15, sorry. I'd been quite busy with tax season for the last few months. I think I did check out the age when first added to Gehn, but don't know if I linked there from the neighborhood linking room.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri May 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Acorn wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
I wish we knew how many people this was affecting (and of course, why).

I see the rusty/bronze version too. As far as I remember, it was normal before, but I don't have a pic, unlike janaba. :geek: :lol:

I use a laptop and I understand I can't easily update my driver because it's customised to the laptop, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

There is a program called Hardware Helper that was designed to assist in keeping system drivers up to date. It has been endorsed by Micro$oft and most Desktop, Laptop and Notebook manufactures. I have been using it on my Alienware system for over a year now with no problems. I run it weekly and it has kept all of my drivers (including DVIX, RAID, JAVA and nVidea) upto date. I also use PC Matic, Speedy PC Pro and PC Tools Performance ToolKit which I run daily...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Fri May 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:
There is a program called Hardware Helper that was designed to assist in keeping system drivers up to date. It has been endorsed by Micro$oft and most Desktop, Laptop and Notebook manufactures. I have been using it on my Alienware system for over a year now with no problems. I run it weekly and it has kept all of my drivers (including DVIX, RAID, JAVA and nVidea) upto date. I also use PC Matic, Speedy PC Pro and PC Tools Performance ToolKit which I run daily...

Thanks, Wamduskasapa, I'll take a look. :)
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm

I've had problems with the Teledahn slave cave. The first time I visited with my new avvie, the pressure pads worked fine - I was easily able to manipulate the rocks onto the right pads. But when I returned to the cave the second time, I heard the pressure pad sound effect the moment I entered the cave from the pipe - and I found that as I ran round the cave, I got the sound effect several more times without standing on a pad - even the pads with weights on. And the doors had reverted to the "wrong" position ie closed from the slave cave and open beside the wall safe. I managed to get the doors to open the "right" way by loading a second set of weights onto the pads. But when I reltoed out and round to the other side, they were "wrong" again.

I know some of this is familiar - ie failure to retain the correct state - but triggering the sound effect by running past the pad; and needing double the weight; are both new to me.
Acorn

Postby Christian Walther » Sat May 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Deledrius wrote:I wish we knew how many people this was affecting (and of course, why).

I am affected (in the same way as all others who have posted), on Windows 7 on Parallels 6 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a MacBookPro8,2 (AMD Radeon HD 6750M). I haven’t updated any drivers lately and don’t plan to. It looked fine on Gehn.14, so my conclusion is that something must have changed in the PRP. Unfortunately I don’t have the old one anymore to check what.
Christian Walther

Postby CalumTraveler » Sat May 04, 2013 2:28 pm

I can't start Gehn Shard. It's giving me the error:

"The Program Can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Ideas?
CalumTraveler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat May 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Looks like you need to update your DirectX Runtime.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Sat May 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Christian Walther wrote:I haven’t updated any drivers lately and don’t plan to. It looked fine on Gehn.14, so my conclusion is that something must have changed in the PRP. Unfortunately I don’t have the old one anymore to check what.

I have previous versions, if you're interested in looking into this. I'm at a loss as to what's wrong with it.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat May 04, 2013 7:31 pm

I have updated the bundled PhysX_Setup.exe to include the nvidia legacy installer. This will hopefully reduce some of the PhysX version-confusion pain being felt by some users.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard