Gehn Signatures

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn Signatures

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 am

As some of you spotted on the MOUL forum, I've taken some time to make a Gehn Shard signature generator that shows your avatar name, KI number, and the current shard status. I feel fairly confident that it's working properly, so now I'd like to open it up to everyone and get some feedback. You have the option of supplying your KI number and/or a style name for your signature. You do this by adding what you want to this URL: https://guildofwriters.org/gehnsigs/ and ending it with the .png extension.

The most trivial way of using the generator is to supply your KI number, which will chose a style at random. This is my current MOUL forum signature.
Example URL: https://guildofwriters.org/gehnsigs/16125.png

There are currently six styles available: fehnir, gomepub, hood, kadish, trebivdil, and vothol. All of these are designed to show off additions made to the Gehn Shard over MOULa. If you have a strong preference for one style, you can make your signature use only that style by adding it to the URL. If you specify an invalid style, it will revert to random mode.
Example URL: https://guildofwriters.org/gehnsigs/16125/vothol.png

In the future, I will try to add anonymous signatures that will show general shard statistics instead of avatar information. If you have any questions or comments about any of the styles, I'd like to hear them. I made this thing in about an hour, so it's possible there are still some rough edges. ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Gehn Signatures

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Many thanks, Adam :D I've just grabbed one for myself, featuring Christian's lovely glass.

So the dark one is Fehnir's House - I couldn't make it out at all.
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:05 pm

I have also grabbed my favorite, mine features Fenir's House
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Acorn wrote:So the dark one is Fehnir's House - I couldn't make it out at all.

That's one of the better looking ones, to me. But I do have one of those new-fangled IPS LED monitors that push out every single color ever like a champion :?
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:07 am

They're all looking awesome and for me Fehnir's House doesn't look dark at all ... Those pictures are all of a very good quality, just like looking through a window into a real and beautiful scenery ... :P

I finally have chosen the elegant Vothol Gallery for now, but I'm not going to use it on other forums, I never had picture sigs (except the tiny online/offline indicators on the MOUL forums), but here it is absolutely appropriate ... Great, Adam ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm

maybe "undifferentiated" is a better word than dark, because the features are very hard for me to make out from the background, apart from Kerath's Arch. But, unlike most contributors to the GoW forums, who will undoubtedly have top-notch systems and kit, I'm sitting at my dining table with a laptop. :cry: :roll:

edit - sorry, off-topic - maybe I can use this as my excuse for needing help with Elodea, janaba! If the hidden features are hard to see on good monitors, then it's no surprise I was struggling!
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Yeah, that could do it. I remember my very first laptop's screen was somewhat lackluster. Even the one I got in 2011 isn't that great (especially compared with the 1080p glory I'm using now). Now you've made me curious as to what the Fehnir sig will look like when I get back to my apartment on Tuesday...
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Acorn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Have the sigs changed? I don't remember that big red "Offline" message before.

I tried to start Gehn up to see it change but I discovered that Gehn is down.
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Acorn wrote:Have the sigs changed? I don't remember that big red "Offline" message before.

I tried to start Gehn up to see it change but I discovered that Gehn is down.

That only occurs if the Shard is Down
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 pm

ah, thanks, Wam, I'd not seen it before. Glad to see it's apparently back up now.
Acorn

Next

Return to Gehn Shard