Gehn.16 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.16 Live!

Postby Acorn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Annabelle wrote:On another matter...

I logged in one of my Reltos and saw a "new star" in the sky

:lol:

One of my old Gehn avvies has a piece of wood persistently floating in a similar part of the sky, but I'd rather have a marble new star up there :)
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:43 am

janaba wrote:
As I've encountered an [color=#FF4000]unexpected message when linking to Phil's Relto

janaba wrote:You see, you can link to Phil's Relto, but have to press ok for the parsing of those files, you just press ok and you're in very fast ...

Confirmed, janaba, I got the same error message and, as you report, clicking through resumes the game OK.
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:03 am

Acorn wrote:
janaba wrote:
As I've encountered an unexpected message when linking to Phil's Relto

janaba wrote:You see, you can link to Phil's Relto, but have to press ok for the parsing of those files, you just press ok and you're in very fast ...

Confirmed, janaba, I got the same error message and, as you report, clicking through resumes the game OK.

Error confirmed, BUT I also noticed that all of the kickables were also missing..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:40 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:BUT I also noticed that all of the kickables were also missing..

You're right, Wam!

It seemed different but I didn't realise what it was! :oops:

(edited to remove extra "end color")
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 am

Annabelle wrote:This picture isn't related to the release itself except you might be able to help me here. I logged in one of my Reltos and saw a "new star" in the sky, I was quite intrigued

It's in Sophie's Relto if someone could go there and grab that "star" for me ;)

That's awesome. :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 am

I also have a magical wondrous star in the sky right there where Annabelle's appeared lately since almost the beginning lol, or to be precise since Acorn first mentioned of having logs and stones hovering in midair, and as that never changed and I'm now used to having that beautiful special star, mine is even a white one lol, but that red one looks awesome as well, I didn't bother to mention it anymore, in the contrary, I would even appreciate to have more of them ... :D
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am

The buckets are very easy to break. I tore mine up in about 30 seconds on MOULa after reading some complaints about them. I'll see about fixing the philRelto fni file soon-ish.

Acorn wrote:I'm afraid I'm NOT getting a progress bar each time I link. It sometimes appears; sometimes it flashes on for a moment and disappears; and sometimes it's not there at all.

That's strange. There were some last minute changes for this build, but the progress bar thing wasn't one of them. I would really expect that to work correctly. :/
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:08 am

For some weird reason the furnaces and pellet dispenser in Ercana (Black Snake #28272) quit working - I Turned off the power to those two rooms and then restarted them. Pellets are now functioning OK...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Acorn wrote:I'm afraid I'm NOT getting a progress bar each time I link. It sometimes appears; sometimes it flashes on for a moment and disappears; and sometimes it's not there at all.

That's strange. There were some last minute changes for this build, but the progress bar thing wasn't one of them. I would really expect that to work correctly. :/

Sorry, this isn't new. I must have misunderstood
Deledrius wrote:Ensure there is always a progress indicator while linking

janaba wrote:Ok, let's see what was to be tested ...
- Ensure there is always a progress indicator while linking --> yes there is

What happens for me is that I always get the spinning circle; occasionally I get "updating" flashing on and then off again; and even less frequently do I see a progress bar. Nothing seems to have changed for this build, in that respect. But I took the quotes from Deledrius and janaba to mean that this should have been fixed.

Was I looking for/reporting on the wrong phenomenon? :oops:
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:For some weird reason the furnaces and pellet dispenser in Ercana (Black Snake #28272) quit working - I Turned off the power to those two rooms and then restarted them. Pellets are now functioning OK...

They seemed to work OK for my new avvie, Wam. Still having to jump to get to the pellet dispenser, though.

Oh, and if you're free any time to help her with the fish baskets...... :lol:
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard