Gehn.16 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.16 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Acorn wrote:What happens for me is that I always get the spinning circle; occasionally I get "updating" flashing on and then off again; and even less frequently do I see a progress bar. Nothing seems to have changed for this build, in that respect. But I took the quotes from Deledrius and janaba to mean that this should have been fixed.

Was I looking for/reporting on the wrong phenomenon? :oops:

Unless I've misunderstood, the fix makes sure the spinning logo remains during the entire link. The progress bar is only visible while actual updating and loading is taking place, but you can often wait several seconds after that as you are joined to the Age by the server, etc., during which time you would previously be staring at a blank screen wondering if you are still loading.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby jamie_marchant » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks for the update guys :).
jamie_marchant

Postby Acorn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 am

Wam and I just tried to turn Ahnonay for AcornGehn16 and again failed, as we had failed for AcornGehn15. This time, I'd cleared the Quabs before Wam joined me, and I never left the age, so it shouldn't have been an issue of who "owned" the age. Not a new issue; but we thought we should report it.

With Wam's help I completed the Eders - first pass, the singleton basket was juddering around as I looked at it, when neither of us was touching it; and for the second pass, one of the basket pair jumped out from under Wam's feet as I passed.

Invitations and chat worked fine.

Thanks again for your help, Wam! :)
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 am

You are more than welcome.

Chat for me was buggy - when I typed a reply I was unable to see what the letters were as I typed

For the Eder Gira First Single Basket - for me I was standing on the basket when Acorn went to cross over. It looked as if the crossover point was about 5 feet from me.

I saw Acorn walk into the water - the basket jumped from under my feet and under Acorn's. Fortunately Acorn retained the bugs (so there actually was no water contact)
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:02 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:
Chat for me was buggy - when I typed a reply I was unable to see what the letters were as I typed

So you had the chat fading issue, Wam. Adam has been looking into that. I've had it before, but not this time. Are your Ki chat fade settings on max?

Wamduskasapa wrote:For the Eder Gira First Single Basket - for me I was standing on the basket when Acorn went to cross over. It looked as if the crossover point was about 5 feet from me.

I saw Acorn walk into the water - the basket jumped from under my feet and under Acorn's. Fortunately Acorn retained the bugs (so there actually was no water contact)

Ah, so it was even weirder than I thought, Wam! When I looked at the single basket, when it was jiggling around, it was in the position where I crossed, ie not at the normal narrow place. You were in the water, standing in the narrow place. You were not standing on the basket at all. Still, as you say, I managed to get over it. I didn't see myself go in the water. When I returned the second time, and you were guarding the twin baskets, the single basket was still in the wider part of the stream and this second time I didn't make it over. So I pushed it back to the normal narrow place before trying again with new bugs. :lol:
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 am

AH-Haaaaa

I had the chat fade set at the 3/4's mark (I've now maxed it out)
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:Chat for me was buggy - when I typed a reply I was unable to see what the letters were as I typed

I managed to reproduce this once, and then it never happened again, but people still mention it :|

Acorn wrote:With Wam's help I completed the Eders - first pass, the singleton basket was juddering around as I looked at it, when neither of us was touching it; and for the second pass, one of the basket pair jumped out from under Wam's feet as I passed.

The next time you guys do this, let me know--I want to watch it happen. There's probably something wrong with our kickable ownership code such that your clients are fighting one another. ("It's at the origin #^&@, you!") I'm still convinced our state mechanisms are flawed in some way that I can't find. (I do have proof though! Since this update, the server error log is being filled with garbage about invalid state names that should be perfectly fine.)

Acorn wrote:Wam and I just tried to turn Ahnonay for AcornGehn16 and again failed, as we had failed for AcornGehn15. This time, I'd cleared the Quabs before Wam joined me, and I never left the age, so it shouldn't have been an issue of who "owned" the age. Not a new issue; but we thought we should report it.

Strange. Just so I know what/how to test, can you tell me exactly what procedure you're using? Ahnonay has always confused me, and Cyan's crazy python really doesn't help that...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Acorn wrote:With Wam's help I completed the Eders - first pass, the singleton basket was juddering around as I looked at it, when neither of us was touching it; and for the second pass, one of the basket pair jumped out from under Wam's feet as I passed.

The next time you guys do this, let me know--I want to watch it happen. There's probably something wrong with our kickable ownership code such that your clients are fighting one another. ("It's at the origin #^&@, you!") I'm still convinced our state mechanisms are flawed in some way that I can't find. (I do have proof though! Since this update, the server error log is being filled with garbage about invalid state names that should be perfectly fine.).

Happy to invite you to watch! Is Gehn17 imminent - in which case we can try with a new avvie - or do you want to try sooner than that, in which case I can reset the age for AcornGehn16. Weekends are best for me, how about you, Wam?

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Acorn wrote:Wam and I just tried to turn Ahnonay for AcornGehn16 and again failed, as we had failed for AcornGehn15. This time, I'd cleared the Quabs before Wam joined me, and I never left the age, so it shouldn't have been an issue of who "owned" the age. Not a new issue; but we thought we should report it.

Strange. Just so I know what/how to test, can you tell me exactly what procedure you're using? Ahnonay has always confused me, and Cyan's crazy python really doesn't help that...

We do nothing peculiar :roll:

Most recent attempt:
Show Spoiler

Is it just us: :( has anyone else been able to turn Ahnonay recently?
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:44 pm

My alter-ego and I just tried to turn Ahnonay as you described, and it worked well. There are problems with invisible quabs when there are multiple people in the age. But if the clock says there are no quabs, then it should work. I assume these are new Ahnonay instances? Mine are from the beginning of time(TM), so maybe that has something to do with it.

I guess this is another thing for our weekend testing ;)

... And before I forget, I have Gehn 17 penciled in for August 10th (and no later than August 17th). We've "pretty much" decided on our major features, so those dates are flexible, depending on when the grunt work gets done :). It would be nice to get the testing done before then so that I could have a shot at fixing these bugs.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Acorn wrote:
Happy to invite you to watch! Is Gehn17 imminent - in which case we can try with a new avvie - or do you want to try sooner than that, in which case I can reset the age for AcornGehn16. Weekends are best for me, how about you, Wam?

Let me know when I have the time
Wamduskasapa

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard