More interesting status messages

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

More interesting status messages

Postby jamie_marchant » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Wouldn't it be fun if the "they are currently [so many] players exploring the cavern] message had an "attitude", that is if there are no explorers the message says "They are no explores in cavern :(" and if they are lots it says "there are [lots] of explorers in cavern, have fun!". Or it would warn you not to crash the sever if the number gets to high? What do you think?
jamie_marchant

Re: More interesting status messages

Postby Mystler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 am

Hmm... I'm not sure about that. I think that most people want to play anyway and simply start the game without caring for the message. Or they just look at the number and do not care for the rest of the message. :p
Mystler

Postby janaba » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:20 am

I'd agree with Mystler and keep it factual and unemotional ... :P
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 am

I am a member since some time in Gehn shard. Whenever I start the game I meet no other players. :roll:
But when I see beforehand that a player is online, I can not find him in the game. :?
I think that's a shame, because for me, it's not the game itself, but also the communication with other players.
Dulcamara

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 pm

That's a problem with the game's overall design. It can be hard to find people, especially these days when the population is relatively low (and so many of the game's areas are private).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Deledrius wrote:That's a problem with the game's overall design. It can be hard to find people, especially these days when the population is relatively low (and so many of the game's areas are private).

Would it be hard to make more age public on a dirtsand server? Are you tied to a fixed instancing frame coming from Cyan?
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Some yes, some no. Most of the links are set in the content that we still have no license to distribute let alone modify. Hacks could be made, and alternate paths have been considered, but it's not an easy or simple task. A lot of little things in the game make assumptions about what's public and private, too. Just making a whole slew of public instances as-is wouldn't really solve this problem.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard