"Random" game crash after Terms of Service

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

"Random" game crash after Terms of Service

Postby dgelessus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:26 am

First of all, I apologize if I forgot to do something completely obvious. Unfortunately I couldn't find any instructions besides "use the installer".
My problem is that the Gehn client keeps crashing after I accept the TOS and it tells me that a "serious problem" occured and that I should send the log folder. I had a working install of Gehn before (.14 I believe), which updated to .15 and then didn't start anymore. .16 didn't fix it either. I've reinstalled Gehn multiple times, redownloaded the installer, deleted the TOS.txt of both MOULa and Gehn, deleted Gehn's preferences folder, tried various compatibility modes. Nothing helped.
I've attached the log folder as a zip file.

System specs:
Win7 SP1 64bit on a MacBook Pro 13" Late 2012, CPU Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz, 8GB RAM. Grahics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Attachments
Log.zip
Log folder
(14.66 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
dgelessus

Re: "Random" game crash after Terms of Service

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:38 am

Hi dgelessus,

That log file is the good stuff! I traced your issue into a crash in you video card driver when setting up DirectX. We use a newer version of the DirectX library than MOULa does, so some unique problems, such as this one, may crop up from time to time. You will want to update your video driver from Intel and try again.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby dgelessus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:33 am

Yep, that indeed helped. The one thing I forgot to do. Also I found out what caused it to not start anymore in the first place: my external monitor. :| Unplugged that and it worked. After the driver update everything works though, even with monitor, except for a somewhat sluggish cursor... but thanks for the help!
dgelessus

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am

That might be a side-effect of having integrated graphics, but I don't know for sure. Enjoy!
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Gehn Shard