Testing in the Gehn Shard

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Testing in the Gehn Shard

Postby Christopher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 am

I knew I forgot something -.-

I updated the package. Same link and procedure as above.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 am

Justintime9

Postby Christopher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am

Ok, I have no idea what's now the problem. Maybe Someone else knows...

Call Stack:
Show Spoiler
Christopher

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:43 am

Nevermind, it was the files. Deledrius just got back to me with the successfully converted files, and the age links now. :) (Of course the doors don't open, but that can probably be remedied eventually.)
Justintime9

Postby Deledrius » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:09 am

Justintime9 wrote:Ok cool. Thanks for all your help guys. I had no idea this would be such a difficult thing. xD

Such is the nature of trail-blazing! Fortunately, now that you have things set up you won't have to again.

Justintime9 wrote:Nevermind, it was the files. Deledrius just got back to me with the successfully converted files, and the age links now. :) (Of course the doors don't open, but that can probably be remedied eventually.)

I sent those yesterday... ;)

I had to remove the AGMaster and AGModifiers to get it to link. Something about them isn't being converted correctly.

What method are you using to make the doors functional?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:22 am

Ok, sorry for not being around the past few days. After working so hard just to link in, I sort of needed a break. xD Anyway, this thread shows how my doors are animated: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4568&hilit=Doors&start=10
If I'm not mistaken, D'Lanor gave me a script that was specifically meant to be applicable to multiplayer versions of URU. (Deep Island at the time.)

And I just remembered a couple of other problems with the age in Destiny.
1. The rotating crystal in the rec room doesn't work. It's clickable, and the avatar animation plays, but the crystal itself does not rotate.
2. The music box in the office turns on, but (probably due to EAX sound,) Sounds really distorted from excessive echo. (unrealistic for the small space it's in.)
Justintime9

Postby Christopher » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:12 pm

1. (Correct me if I am wrong) But I think AGMaster and AGModifier are part of animations. So removing them would remove the animation. (But I am, not sure about this)
2. I think this is the same problem we had several times on the TOC. Try to use .ogg files with a Mono-channel. I can't be a problem with EAX, cause EAX is not implemented in the Destiny Client.

It is nice to hear that everything is working so far for you ;)

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Deledrius » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Justintime9 wrote:Ok, sorry for not being around the past few days. After working so hard just to link in, I sort of needed a break. xD Anyway, this thread shows how my doors are animated: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4568&hilit=Doors&start=10
If I'm not mistaken, D'Lanor gave me a script that was specifically meant to be applicable to multiplayer versions of URU. (Deep Island at the time.)

And I just remembered a couple of other problems with the age in Destiny.
1. The rotating crystal in the rec room doesn't work. It's clickable, and the avatar animation plays, but the crystal itself does not rotate.
2. The music box in the office turns on, but (probably due to EAX sound,) Sounds really distorted from excessive echo. (unrealistic for the small space it's in.)

I've got some working-but-not-finished code patches for libHSPlasma that might fix (1). You're finding some aspects of the process which was previously not tested extensively, and helping to make the library better. :)

Thanks for the link. I'll probably have some time tomorrow to look at this again.

Christopher wrote:1. (Correct me if I am wrong) But I think AGMaster and AGModifier are part of animations. So removing them would remove the animation. (But I am, not sure about this)

I think so. I have them now in my updated version, but I need to grab the SDL and such. Hopefully tomorrow I can test this more.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard