Renaming Hood and need help with an Avatar

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Renaming Hood and need help with an Avatar

Postby Phantom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi there, my name is Phantom,

I have just joined the Gehn's Shard, very nice by the way. Could someone please tell me, as I would like a hood of my own, how do I achieve this, as I am in GoW Neighbourhood [39]. Is there anyway I could have my own hood please. :?: It appears that other avatars are attached to this hood and it would be nice if I could have my own, thank you.

Also, I created three other avatars on the same day, as I chose to save the names, and all three are in the GoW [39] hood. Two days ago I found the name I needed to save, so I entered him in, and he has been assigned another hood. :?: Could you please advise how I could get the Avatar into the same hood as the other four please.

Many thanks and kind regards

Phantom :)
Phantom

Re: Renaming Hood and need help with an Avatar

Postby Annabelle » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Phantom wrote:Hi there, my name is Phantom,

I have just joined the Gehn's Shard, very nice by the way. Could someone please tell me, as I would like a hood of my own, how do I achieve this, as I am in GoW Neighbourhood [39]. Is there anyway I could have my own hood please. :?: It appears that other avatars are attached to this hood and it would be nice if I could have my own, thank you.

Also, I created three other avatars on the same day, as I chose to save the names, and all three are in the GoW [39] hood. Two days ago I found the name I needed to save, so I entered him in, and he has been assigned another hood. :?: Could you please advise how I could get the Avatar into the same hood as the other four please.

Many thanks and kind regards

Phantom :)

You will like my answer :D

Let's do all the steps in order...

1st) you want a hood of your own, let's say: "Phantom's Hood".

a) you need to have at least 2 books on your bookshelf: the hood blue book & the nexus yellow book.
b) you delete your hood blue book by clicking the "0" (in d'ni-numerals) bracket at the bottom of your book. The book won't disappeared, it will only be pushed inside the wall.
c) you link to your nexus. Once there you enter your hand in the KI slot (make sure you have a KI device before doing these steps)
d) on the first window, you'll see a blinking text saying you have no assigned hood. Click on this, you'll see a pop up windows telling you that if you do accept to create a hood you'll loose everything linked to your ancient hood, that's fine, this is what you want to do anyway.
e) you have now created a whole new hood: "Phantom's Hood"

2nd) you want your 4 avatars to be members of that hood. (You'll need a 2nd PC & each of your avatar must have their hood blue book & the nexus book available in their bookshelves)

a) you open a session with Phantom. you also open another session with Avatar2.
b) in Phantom's relto, you touch the top bracket on the blue hood book, it will lift up. This process will make the book a shareable book.
c) in Avatar2's relto, you delete the hood blue book & you link through the nexus book.
d) Phantom & Avatar2 must joined each other in the same age. It can be in Ae'gura, the Watcher's Pub, Vothol Gallery, whatever...
e) once Phantom & Avatar2 in the same age, Phantom must share his relto book with Avatar2.
f) Avatar2 will link to Phantom's Relto. (Phantom can stay in the age XYZ for now, no need to follow Avatar2...)
g) Avatar2 must use the link of the shared hood blue book in Phantom's relto, once in the Phantom's Hood, Avatar2 will be de facto a member of Phantom's Hood.

You just need now to repeat the process with your Avatar3 & Avatar4 & they will all be inside one single hood, yours :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Phantom » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Annabelle

Thank you so much, I have my hood up and running and I am very happy with it. The avatars I was speaking about are all under Phantom, so I may have to create an seperate Avatar and bring them in so that I can transfer the other avatars to the Phantom Hood.

The change of Neigbourhood slightly different than Myst URU. Your advice very helpful, God bless you hun.

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Annabelle » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Sorry for the masculine in my text... you are definitely a lady ;)

You don't have to rename your avatars... I just took undefined names "Avatar2", "Avatar3", & "Avatar4" for the sake of the explanations... I saw that one of them is called "Angel". That's fine. So just do with "Angel" what I told you with my undefined "Avatar2" and all will be good :D

I'll find you something for Gira... you won't like the answer of that one though :lol:

Have fun on Gehn ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby essjay » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 pm

I have a related question regarding new hoods. I have created a Safety First 243 hood on the lovely Gehn shard and it worked out perfectly; but, I am unable to make it public. We now have three members and I expect to have three more from my old friends I have told about this shard.

It would be nice if I could make the hood public. Every time I try it just does not appear in the public list. Any assistance would be appreciated.
essjay

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi essjay (long time no see)!

I've been reading some complaints and haven't had time to take a look at what's going on until now. I have determined that there is a server bug that allows only the first fifty hoods made public to be sent to the Nexus code. This issue will be fixed in our next update, which is due in December.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby essjay » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Hey Tsar! Great to see you too; and thrilled at such a speedy response. :)

I looked forward to the fixes and exploring more of your wonderful Gehn shard.
essjay

Return to Gehn Shard