Eder Gira Problem

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Eder Gira Problem

Postby tachzusamm » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:15 am

Are you multiple persons on the same account?
Or what am I getting wrong here...
tachzusamm

Postby Annabelle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:52 am

tachzusamm wrote:Are you multiple persons on the same account?
Or what am I getting wrong here...

Let me try an answer here...

There are many types of explorers of which 3 are mostly seen:

1st) the OOC explorers in which I am. We can go by 1 or by 60++ avatars (I wonder who :lol: ;) ), we always represent ourselves as one (I, me, the human being behind the keyboard, etc.)

2nd) the IC explorers which I sometimes encountered. I've been asked in the past to send my quests let's say: to the little brother "XYZ" of my main avatar "ABC". "XYZ" is not a human being little brother, it can be subtle to distinguish but you got clues with let say the pronouns used..."I", "me" alongside "little brother".

3rd) a mix of the above.

Now some like me might be put in the 3rd category wrongly... If I get 2 avatars online at the same time, you might encounter some interaction between them. I do that much like a funny "stage act" more than any other thing because taken alone, each avatar is me not some alter ego... there won't be any PM interactions between them for instance. It's all made public and mostly aimed at making people laugh.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:28 pm

You only actually need one basket, since you can do a brief run against the wall of the canyon at the waterfall gap instead of needing to jump. As long as you aren't running for too long you don't lose the glow.

So if you can get at least one basket to stay in the first gap while you're gone, it can still work.
Ehren

Postby Phantom » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes the Principle Avatar is Phantom

I have four Avatars under this account: They are Angel, Archangel, Avenger and Atreyu. [All have fish basket issues in Eder Gira] I hope that this answers your question tachzusamm.

Wamduskasapa has so kindly helped me with Angel and Atreyu, but if I could get help with Avenger that would be very nice thank you.

Ehren I will get Avenger to try your suggestion and l will let you know how I get on, many thanks hun.
Phantom

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:35 am

Phantom - When will you be online next - I will be happy to help you with Archangel and Avenger
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 pm

great news :D - have you seen the Tsar's new post http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=6279- there's going to be another attempt at fixing the fish basket bug! But he wants some data from us all.

Do please all help! :P

(What is your new pic, Adam - something to do with University graduation? 8-) )

edited to correct my English :oops:
Last edited by Acorn on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Deledrius has managed to consistently reproduce the issue on Gehn at least... I still haven't managed to reproduce it with a Gehn-like client on MOULa. I suppose I should spend some time attempting to do so on Gehn and TOC... What's taking so long is that we've been having trouble reproducing the issue--can't fix it if we don't know how to trigger it!

Acorn wrote:(What is your new pic, Adam - something to do with University graduation? 8-) )

It's the tassel I wore while we went swimming back in May.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 am

Very impressive, Adam, the 'Georgia College Ceremony' I mean, I've never watched sth like that, and yeah, as for the rain resp. 'swimming' as you've called it, in the literal sense of the word I'd like to add lol, it was even more impressive how everyone enjoyed everything nevertheless, and went on cheerfully with the 'order of the day' in the traditional and cherished way ... Thanks for sharing ... :P

I've been looking for my latest Gira test (with an avi having the baskets glued to the volcano bridge before) and how all my baskets were doing, and they're still where I've left them, means on their designated places, where I've left them behind ... This is good, and as this was a special test, means that I've tested what would happen if I only reset the age through only the red Gira book, leaving the Kemo book activated, I've tried that again today with another avi, but that didn't work out as desired or hoped for, when I came back with that second batch of fireflies one basket was already gone again ... :)

And Ehren, of course I've tried your trick, to briefly run against that wall, but I suppose one has to just have the feeling for it or it requires some training lol, I didn't manage to get over there, most of the time I just fell down that waterfall ... What I've been curious about and been trying though is if it'd be at all possible to briefly run and keep them with me (even after a first jump), and I can confirm that it works, it took a few seconds for them to come back slowly slowly, they didn't just stay there with me, but they came back so that I could move on with them ... Nice tip, thanks ... 8-)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Acorn wrote:(What is your new pic, Adam - something to do with University graduation? 8-) )

Thanks!
janaba wrote:Very impressive, Adam... Thanks for sharing ... :P

+1 :)

In UK we wear the same sort of cap and gown for University graduation but the tassel is very ordinary - no golden medals for us :( I'm amazed that everyone's mortar board hats stayed looking pretty good - I'd have expected them to turn to mush in that downpour. :roll:

But, still, a very memorable occasion, congrats! :)
Acorn

Postby Phantom » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Deledrius has managed to consistently reproduce the issue on Gehn at least... I still haven't managed to reproduce it with a Gehn-like client on MOULa. I suppose I should spend some time attempting to do so on Gehn and TOC... What's taking so long is that we've been having trouble reproducing the issue--can't fix it if we don't know how to trigger it!

Hi Tsar

Thank you, but I have help with the fish baskets and the problem is resolved for all avatars. Thank you for looking into it for I am sure that I will not be the only one that this is happening to. Also just as an aside, did you know that the fire marbles in the hood and in relto, disappear after about four to five days of having them out. Just if you could look into it sometime. No hurry at all, just place it onto your to do list somewhere as it is not a biggy. Many thanks

Phantom
Phantom

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard