Gira Baskets DXDIAGs

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gira Baskets DXDIAGs

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi guys. Depending on how much time we have after ticking off our planned changes for Gehn 18, we may be able to spend some time looking into the Gira baskets issue (again). Before we do this, however, I would like to collect some information from those of you who frequent the forum. Specifically, I would like to request that you upload a copy of your DxDiag information and a description of the frequency of the issue. For those of you who are privacy minded, DxDiag reports have no personally identifiable information. I will make a sample post after this introduction as an example. There are other threads out there for discussing the issue, so I'd like to dedicate this one to just the requested information.

To get a copy of your DxDiag report, follow these steps.
    1. Press Win+R. The run prompt will open.
    2. Type "dxdiag" into the the text box and hit enter. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open.
    3. At the bottom of DX Diag, press the button entitled "Save All Information..." and save DxDiag.txt.
    4. Upload "DxDiag.txt" to the forum using the "Upload Attachment" tab below the posting text box.
    5. Profit.

Here are the frequency descriptions I'd like for you guys to use.
    1. Consistent (the baskets always go amiss after I set them and link out, regardless of whether or not I have fireflies when returning)
    2. Intermittent (the baskets might go amiss after I set them and link out--this is dependent on unknown factors)
    3. Rarely (the baskets rarely go amiss--I don't understand why people are complaining)
    4. Never (the baskets stay where I put them--what are you talking about, fool?)

Thanks for helping us get organized to figure this issue out!
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Gira Baskets DXDIAGs

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Rarely
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(67.8 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 pm

intermittent
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Acorn

Postby janaba » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Congrats to your noble and elegant new avatar, Adam ... :P

I'm just back from the cavern ... I've deleted a Gira book and did the firefly/basket run again and this time the baskets are behaving fine ... I linked back in afterwards and they were where they ought to be ... The others (other avis) are still glued to that bridge above the lava ... :D

So, another intermittent here
Attachments
DxDiag_64-bit-version_Janaba.txt
(37.83 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
DxDiag_32-bit-version_Janaba.txt
(31.09 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Once all of the Journey Clothes have been pressed my basket behave (The basket reaction is the same on both Gehn and TOC MOUL)
SO For me this would be Intermittent

DxDiag32
DxDiag64

EDIT From what I have seen in some of these reports I would Suggest running Error End because there seems to be some extraneous entries in some of the reports (I run this every 3 days to clear my registry)
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:10 am

To nuance my "intermittent" - the single basket usually stays in position for the first bug run; it is rare for it to disappear at that stage.

Whereas it is inevitable for all my recent avvies that the twin baskets have gone when I get back with the bugs the second time.

But I can't say that I've done many checks on the twin baskets' behaviour without having the bugs.

I averaged this experience out as "intermittent" overall.
Acorn

Return to Gehn Shard