Gehn.18 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.18 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Add shinies.
  • Allow more than 50 public Neighborhoods.
  • Fix crash when linking to Gahreesen for the fifth time.
  • Fix kickables randomly warping to the origin on link-in.
  • Fix localized audio.
  • Fix lots of potential (but unreported) crashes.
  • Fix trashed unicode characters in KI chat.
  • Highlight chat messages that mention you by name.
  • Implement /loadclothing and /saveclothing.
  • Optimize client launch.
  • (Re-)brand ALL THE THINGS.
  • Revamp the game launcher.
  • Smooth out the various loading/updating screens.
  • Reverse engineer image consultant.

There were a few slight hitches with our build, and a small bug is occasionally visible on the loading screen around the progress bar which we hope to hotfix later this week.

EDIT: Hoikas, in his limited time, has already hotfixed those issues. Enjoy!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.18 Live!

Postby Jaytee » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:40 pm

hi !
I just went to gira, and the baskets were in their starting positions!
They kicked nicely to their proper spots,got some glow bugs,and crossed just as easy as could be.
By the way I love the new start up screen,as always thanks for all your hard work.
Jaytee

Postby Acorn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Confirmed that the fish basket fix worked - I fired up a new avvie and sailed through the Eders with no problem. Hooray!

(But I find myself surprisingly nostalgic for our jettisoned Gehn multiplayer feature :lol: Thanks again to Wam for help and patience :D See you in Ahnonay some time soon I hope!)
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:54 pm

when you need help just holler.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Nev'yn » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:57 am

Several questions:

1. Does this mean we can use unicode now?
2. Any plans to push the both that, and the ki-chat updates, plus the more 50 hoods into a MOULa update?
3. I forget what my third question is...Oh, what is /saveclothing and /loadclothing?

Anys, got to get ready to go out. Have good holiday to all!
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Deledrius » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Nev'yn wrote:1. Does this mean we can use unicode now?
2. Any plans to push the both that, and the ki-chat updates, plus the more 50 hoods into a MOULa update?
3. I forget what my third question is...Oh, what is /saveclothing and /loadclothing?

1. I believe so? Please give it a try and provide feedback and bug reports.
2. As usual, that's not really up to us; though we can try to assist in the process, it's more pull than push.
3. You'll want to ask Mystler about that. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:12 pm

The "more than 50 hoods" was a DirtSand issue that prevented new hoods from being made public at all. Whatever limit that's in the nexus itself is still in place ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Christian Walther » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Nev'yn wrote:2. Any plans to push the both that, and the ki-chat updates, plus the more 50 hoods into a MOULa update?

2. As usual, that's not really up to us; though we can try to assist in the process, it's more pull than push.

I feel this needs a bit of clarification: The part of the way from CWE-ou/Minkata to MOULa is “pull”, by Cyan. The part from H-uru/Gehn to CWE-ou/Minkata is “push”, by the author, or whoever else wants a particular contribution in MOULa and is willing and able to put in the effort. The latter part seems the larger effort to me, so I’m not sure I agree with “more pull than push”.
(Recently, that path has been blocked by other issues. I hope to find time over the holidays to get something moving in that regard.)
Christian Walther

Postby Deledrius » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Christian Walther wrote:I feel this needs a bit of clarification: The part of the way from CWE-ou/Minkata to MOULa is “pull”, by Cyan. The part from H-uru/Gehn to CWE-ou/Minkata is “push”, by the author, or whoever else wants a particular contribution in MOULa and is willing and able to put in the effort. The latter part seems the larger effort to me, so I’m not sure I agree with “more pull than push”.
(Recently, that path has been blocked by other issues. I hope to find time over the holidays to get something moving in that regard.)

Ah, of course. I meant it specifically in regards to "push [...that...] into a MOULa update" part. It is of course more complicated, and the getting it onto CWE-ou was the "assist with that process". :) Getting it into CWE-ou is simply a matter of work. Getting it onto MOULa is... something else, which is why I viewed that as the larger effort. ;)

Edit: Wow, I hadn't seen that post of the mess on CWE that came back in the commit from Cyan... >_< Yikes. I see why you're looking at it that way now...
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Mystler » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:41 am

You can save your current outfit by running /saveclothing <name> in your KI. It will be stored in <name>.clo in "%LOCALAPPDATA%/Uru - Gehn Shard/Avatars". Loading that outfit can be done using /loadclothing.
Copying that file to other servers that support these commands (TOC soon) is also possible.
Mystler

Next

Return to Gehn Shard