Gehn.18 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.18 Live!

Postby Acorn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:This happens on all keyboard varieties for the console key (` for en-US) as far as I can tell. Thanks for a good observation from Christian Walther, I realized this is probably a fluke of sorts. We should be able to hotfix this problem soon.

I hadn't seen this post when I was having problems at the party today whenever I hit the apostrophe. So it's en-UK too. It was very irritating because it's a key I use a lot! So a fix would be great!
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Okay, a hotfix has been deployed. I hope this is the really, really final build I have to do for Gehn 18 :|

For those of you who like code WTFs, here's the fix.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 am

Congratulations!!! I can happily confirm that I can write 'wunderschön' (very beautiful) and 'hören' (to hear) etc. without 'freezing' !!! ... :P

(While hoping to not affect your mood too much or at all, after so much work and having successfully shortened the 'Known Issues' list considerably, I'd nevertheless like you to keep in mind the completely dissappeared 'logs and stones' and still in the air flying or over the mists of Relto hovering or completely disappeared 'fire marbles' for future builds as highlighted in my lenghty laudation and report ... Not that I mind too much, just a reminder that there's still sth ... :) )
janaba

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:31 am

janaba wrote:(While hoping to not affect your mood too much or at all, after so much work and having successfully shortened the 'Known Issues' list considerably, I'd nevertheless like you to keep in mind the completely dissappeared 'logs and stones' and still in the air flying or over the mists of Relto hovering or completely disappeared 'fire marbles' for future builds as highlighted in my lenghty laudation and report ... Not that I mind too much, just a reminder that there's still sth ... :) )

If I understand correctly, this is not something to keep in mind for a future build – the fix in build 18 was not supposed to affect kickables already stuck in weird places, only to keep them from getting stuck in weird places in the future. The Gira baskets were manually reset for all players during the update, but if you would like to have your Relto kickables reset, you need to specifically ask for it, as Phantom did here.
Christian Walther

Postby Acorn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 am

janaba wrote:Congratulations!!! I can happily confirm that I can write 'wunderschön' (very beautiful) and 'hören' (to hear) etc. without 'freezing' !!! ... :P

And I've just checked apostrophes - hooray!

(It was weird during the party until I understood what was happening. Thanks for putting it right it, Adam. I hope for your sake that this IS the last fix you have to make to Gehn 18 - but if not, you could set up another hangout so we can all empathise with you while you do it.)

janaba wrote: I'd nevertheless like you to keep in mind the completely disappeared 'logs and stones' and still in the air flying or over the mists of Relto hovering or completely disappeared 'fire marbles'

I'd hate to lose my floating kickables! So I for one am delighted that there hasn't been a global reset ;)
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am

Christian Walther wrote:
janaba wrote:(While hoping to not affect your mood too much or at all, after so much work and having successfully shortened the 'Known Issues' list considerably, I'd nevertheless like you to keep in mind the completely dissappeared 'logs and stones' and still in the air flying or over the mists of Relto hovering or completely disappeared 'fire marbles' for future builds as highlighted in my lenghty laudation and report ... Not that I mind too much, just a reminder that there's still sth ... :) )

If I understand correctly, this is not something to keep in mind for a future build – the fix in build 18 was not supposed to affect kickables already stuck in weird places, only to keep them from getting stuck in weird places in the future. The Gira baskets were manually reset for all players during the update, but if you would like to have your Relto kickables reset, you need to specifically ask for it, as Phantom did here.

Thanks for the clarification, Christian, but as I suspected such a possibility too I've collected my fire marbles with a 'new avi', which I've created long before the release of build 18, but I didn't do the journey yet (as described in my post, they also remain stuck in unusual places), and this tells me that the fix will only apply to avis created after build 18 ... Thanks, good to know, maybe I'll try that out next year or we'll just see by the feedback of others ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 am

janaba wrote: I've collected my fire marbles with a 'new avi', which I've created long before the release of build 18, but I didn't do the journey yet (as described in my post, they also remain stuck in unusual places), and this tells me that the fix will only apply to avis created after build 18 ... Thanks, good to know, maybe I'll try that out next year or we'll just see by the feedback of others ... :P

You've inspired AcornGehn18 to collect her fire marbles, janaba :lol: - we'll see how they behave!
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am

janaba wrote:Thanks for the clarification, Christian, but as I suspected such a possibility too I've collected my fire marbles with a 'new avi', which I've created long before the release of build 18, but I didn't do the journey yet (as described in my post, they also remain stuck in unusual places), and this tells me that the fix will only apply to avis created after build 18 ... Thanks, good to know, maybe I'll try that out next year or we'll just see by the feedback of others ... :P

Generally speaking, it should apply to new Ages created after the fix. More technically, I believe the fix only applies to physicals that haven't been moved from their initial positions in the data files (most common in a new or reset Age). Hoikas might know of some exceptions to this though. The whole thing is a bit squirrely.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:07 pm

I couldn't wait and just wanted to have this complete and to assign a complete victory and success to this awesome comprehensive build ... :D

So, I've deleted this old new avi (raw with no journey) as it seemed to be useless to put any more energy into it anyway lol, and I've created an all new avatar janaba5, went properly through the desert and collected the ages books to get my logs and stones in Gahreesen, took a harvester ride through Er'cana (and completed it, it is so easily done) for the fire marbles, and what can I say but

Yay!!! I have my logs and stones back, and I can kick my fire marbles into the mists of Relto, link out and in again and they're all back in the hut ... So, now I'm happy, it was worth the extra effort this year lol ... Congrats again to our H'Uru Team !!! and Happy New Year to you and everyone !!! ... :P
janaba

Postby Korovev » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 am

janaba wrote:--- Fix localized audio. - don't know what that means, but my audio is ok in general

Yeesha and Zandi have become polyglots ;)
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard