Gehn.18 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.18 Live!

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Huh...so it's something like what we have with the GoMe client...we can change in/out of guild shirts with ease. Still a definate improvment.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Today I finally did some testings ahead of the party, to make sure everything's ok and stable (on a quite common computer with Win7 Home Pr, NVidia etc), and I can absolutely confirm that everything works and feels absolutely and extremely smooth and perfect and very stable, at least for me as far as I can tell from just testing the new stuff mentioned in the new release notes ... :P

Ok, here we go
Add shinies.
To this I can only say wow, just wow and awesome ... Everything seems to be completely revamped.
It starts already with the new and shiny desktop icon and goes on with the Urulauncher/checking for updates window ... then after the usual formalities you're being linked to K'veer to the avatar selection screen ... wow ... what follows is the new in-game update screen without an update bar, you just see the beautiful animated (is this only Win 7?) green progress on the taskbar's Gehn icon, and the update screen with a classy shiny GoW icon with animated sun rays ... awesome ...
--- Allow more than 50 public Neighborhoods. cannot be tested by a single person immediately
Fix crash when linking to Gahreesen for the fifth time.
Is really fixed
Fix kickables randomly warping to the origin on link-in.
In the light of all the awesomeness I'm sorry to say that those kickables, in my case means the fire marbles and the logs and stones remained rebellious by now ...
I've tried everything that came to mind ... I've deactivated them and activated them with linking out and back, with logging out and back in ... I've tried to retrieve them anew, but no change, the fire marbles that went overboard so to speak remain there in the clouds or up in the air, and the logs and stones are completely gone for me and remain so for three avis ... I've tried another 4th avi with which I haven't done the journey yet, so, I just went to the Watcher's Pub to get my Er'cana and grab the fire marbles, then I pushed one of them overboard and it remained there too ... Yeah, maybe anyone has another idea or is experiencing the same ... /shrug ... :geek:
As for the Gira baskets I can confirm as many, they were all (for all my avis) reset to its original position and work perfectly well as they should, means remain in position when leaving and coming back etc.
--- Fix localized audio. - don't know what that means, but my audio is ok in general
--- Fix lots of potential (but unreported) crashes. cannot be tested immediately
Fix trashed unicode characters in KI chat.
This is one more awesomeness. I didn't know that we have that already. So, I've written some sentences in French with accent grave, accent aigu etc. and it works fine ...
Highlight chat messages that mention you by name.
Couldn't test this with myself, when I write sth with mentioning my name it seems not to work, but I remember Christian on Tuesday in the Vothol Gallery after the hangout 'talking' to me and what he said was yellow, whereas his own name remained gray, I believe that was it, right?
Implement /loadclothing and /saveclothing.
Another greatness haha, yeah, really, like this you can theoretically and also practically have your whole closet in all variations and styles you like in your pocket resp. at your fingertips literally ... You already see that this works absolutely wonderfully ... 8-)
--- Optimize client launch. works fast and smooth ...
--- (Re-)brand ALL THE THINGS. I don't know what is meant (newly branded) with this ...
--- Revamp the game launcher. Is that the new icon? , but I suppose also its functionality ...
Smooth out the various loading/updating screens.
The awesomeness of this is already mentioned above with the new shinies ... ;)
--- Reverse engineer image consultant. you know what that means, I don't lol

I'd say, that is it so far, so let's have a great party on Saturday, Gehn seems to be more than ready and beautifully polished ... See you all then in the Vothol Gallery ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:21 pm

janaba wrote: Fix trashed unicode characters in KI chat.
This is one more awesomeness. I didn't know that we have that already. So, I've written some sentences in French with accent grave, accent aigu etc. and it works fine ...

French can trash unicode quite heavily :lol: . I do wonder why you tested this new implementation using French rather than German :?: I'm pretty sure the ü, ö, & ä were not appreciated by the unicode either. Maybe you were chatting with French folks.

janaba wrote:--- Reverse engineer image consultant. you know what that means, I don't lol

Do not worry about the last improvement janaba... those guys always come up with something unbelievable. Just go back to all the versions, I can assure you, the last improvement is always over-the-top :lol: ;)

janaba wrote:See you all then in the Vothol Gallery ... :)

See you in Vothol Gallery next Saturday :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Deledrius wrote:
  • Add shinies.

What would this even mean?
Ehren

Postby Deledrius » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:36 am

Ehren wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
  • Add shinies.

That was my question, too.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:01 am

Annabelle wrote:
janaba wrote: Fix trashed unicode characters in KI chat.
French can trash unicode quite heavily :lol: . I do wonder why you tested this new implementation using French rather than German :?: I'm pretty sure the ü, ö, & ä were not appreciated by the unicode either. Maybe you were chatting with French folks.

That is indeed a good question, Annabelle, why I tested French instead of German haha ... :lol:

I have to say that I'd never even think of German in relation to unicode lol ... Why?, because for 7 years I am used to write 'hübsch, schön und häßlich' (means pretty, beautiful and ugly lol) like 'huebsch, schoen und haesslich' when I meet German folks, but that's about it also, I believe there are no more other characters under unicode ... And why French? ... because that's the only language besides English and German and Latin I know best how to write from back in the days at school ... I like languages and can understand Italian, Hindi and Turkish a bit too, though I couldn't speak those (yeah, maybe a bit of course lol) ... I could write them if I had to, but I haven't the needed keyboard layout and those or other languages installed ... :P

Ok, of course, I immediately tested the German 'umlauts' (I just realized that you also call it in the German way, we say 'Umlaute' which is plural too) ... They work all properly, except the 'ö' doesn't, which is the 'oe' umlaut ... I can write ä, ü and ß, but when I write ö the whole game freezes, I just hit ö and cannot do anything anymore but force quit with Alt+F4 ... Maybe Mystler, Christopher, Jogi, Dulcamara, ohh, or tach, with the proper keyboard layout would be so nice to test that ... :)
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Ehren wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
  • Add shinies.

It refers to the improved startup process in general though more-so the visual aspects than the code improvements.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Mystler » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:30 am

Janaba wrote:when I write ö the whole game freezes, I just hit ö and cannot do anything anymore but force quit with Alt+F4

The game does not freeze. Ö is the developer console key on a german keyboard and apparently the client is reacting to that key in the external version too. :(
If you have that problem hit ö twice again and the keyboard should work again. I hope we can fix it asap.
Mystler

Postby janaba » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:46 am

Mystler wrote:
Janaba wrote:when I write ö the whole game freezes, I just hit ö and cannot do anything anymore but force quit with Alt+F4

The game does not freeze. Ö is the developer console key on a german keyboard and apparently the client is reacting to that key in the external version too. :(
If you have that problem hit ö twice again and the keyboard should work again. I hope we can fix it asap.

I can confirm that when I hit 'ö' twice again, means three times in total, one is free again to write 'oe' or something else and just move on without having to quit ... :P

Of course, anyone reading this here should just avoid writing 'ö', but if that happened unknowingly, someone could find a solution here how to get out of that situation ... :)
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:06 pm

This happens on all keyboard varieties for the console key (` for en-US) as far as I can tell. Thanks for a good observation from Christian Walther, I realized this is probably a fluke of sorts. We should be able to hotfix this problem soon.

Oh, and we forgot to note in the change list that Santa Hats are available for a limited time ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard