Loading Global takes a very long time

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Loading Global takes a very long time

Postby Shorahmin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:16 pm

For me it can take up to 30 minutes. I have DSL which isn't super but better than that. Am I needing to do something. Also, the time to transition from the explorer list to Relto is similarly long.
Shorahmin

Re: Loading Global takes a very long time

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi Shorahmin, "Loading Global" should only take about 5 seconds, so there is definitely a problem.

I noticed your post on the MOUL forum where you discussed what sounded like graphics corruption on MOULa. Combined with this problem, I think that you have either a (fixable) hardware problem or something doing way too much disk IO in the background. Are you by chance using a laptop? What are the specs on your system?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Shorahmin » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for your comment.
Win7 64 bit absolutely up to date, procexp shows 95 %idle. 5 out of 8 gig RAM left.
More data on both issues.
The moul problem was fixed by temporarily moving the main screen to the original screen on the lap-top. Then going to windowed. That fixed that. It now runs fine on the monitor I prefer as main.

The Gehn prob was/is a little trickier. I have found a work-around. If I minimize the Shard window it immediately transitions and I get the teleport sound. Then I restore the app and it's good. I seem to need to do this every time I am changing locations.

But it's all good...
Shorahmin

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 pm

That's... very strange. O.o

Are you playing Gehn in Fullscreen or in Windowed mode?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Shorahmin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:44 am

Windowed.
Shorahmin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:50 pm

We've recently been informed that if your monitor's refresh rate is 50 Hz and you're playing in windowed mode, linking takes entirely too long. Is it possible that your monitor's refresh rate is set at a value lower than 60 Hz? This is the refresh rate I've been using for a very long time, so it's very possible there are bugs that I've just never seen with lower refresh rates.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Gehn Shard