Can't Start Game

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Can't Start Game

Postby Yali » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of Gehn shard and right when the launcher finishes updating/downloading I get "knetErrFileNotFound Game Base/Atrus -30.p2f.gz. I reinstalled 3 times and this is still happening. Anyone know anything about this?

EDIT: Been using repair function all day and I keep getting errors. Wish the downloads didn't take so long. I haven't even reached the log in screen yet.

Has anyone had any problems with the installer?

EDIT: Never mind, my internet was cutting out sporadically and causing errors in the download process.
Yali

Re: Can't Start Game

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:56 pm

I was about to ask if you'd tried the repair feature. It's a bit of a pain because it rechecks the entire game. Did it eventually work?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Yali » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Yup. It took about 6 hours though . :P
Yali

Postby creekwriter » Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 pm

I have been getting the same "kNetErrFileNotFound, GameBase/Atrus-30.pzf.gz" Error and have had no success with the Repair file.

Creekwriter

P.S. I had an existing working shard, but purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and have no luck reinstating it on the new computer. :(
creekwriter

Postby Luna » Thu May 29, 2014 6:02 am

I'm afraid you may have to run the repair utility a few times :/. You can also try to copy your MOULa data files(if you have those) and then run the repair utility or maybe copy them over from the old computer if you still have access. It seems that particularly the font files have a hard time downloading correctly.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby diafero » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 am

I had to run the repair utility around 4 times till it all worked.

However, the font files are (I think) just the first being checked, but for some reason the last being downloaded, that's why they always show up in the error. The repair utility kept re-downloading way more than just the font files, and the total download volume was at least twice as much as the initially predicted 1.1GiB...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby RockArdemar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:37 pm

I am affraid I have an issue too - the launcher freezes.
I have restarted it with the "administrator" option, but it freezes all the same.

Should I reinstall something? I have seen on the Forum there is a repair tool available, but haven't found where to download it from.
RockArdemar

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:25 pm

A very long time back, we moved servers. I think the client you're using might have been released before that, and it's trying to talk to a server that no longer exists. You'll probably want to download the installer and reinstall.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby RockArdemar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks Adam. :)
Indeed, I haven't been back to the Shard in a while. I'll try that.
RockArdemar

Postby RockArdemar » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:03 am

Sorry to bother you again.

I have installed the new version, but it still doesn't connect. Now the error is this one:

and it also freezes first and then, eventually, crashes.

I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it again, tried the repair tool too, but the repair tool gives the same result.
RockArdemar

Next

Return to Gehn Shard