Gehn 19 fish baskets (oh no, what now?)

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn 19 fish baskets (oh no, what now?)

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:05 pm

I don't know what the purpose of that little pool even is. There's no reason to panic-link you, except I suppose so that you don't waste time trying to figure out if there's a point to being down there. It's just a dead end, and it's only good for collecting the baskets and forcing you to reset the entire Age to get them back.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:02 am

jamie_marchant wrote:Although yes one does have to ask what one is doing pushing them off the waterfall in the first-place :lol:. Actually the first time I did that I wanted to see if it was safe to jump down their which it's not :evil:.

Ok that's a good reason, a naive one but a witty one in a sense... you do have to understand though that those objects are not subject to the same "game laws" than us ;). I did try some naive stuff myself so...
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby jamie_marchant » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:55 am

Hmm I just realized if they smashed at the bottom and their where more baskets then you needed you could safely 'sacrifice' one and see if you can go there. Then the panic linking would make sense since you don't want to end up 'all smashed' like the baskets.
jamie_marchant

Postby Deledrius » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:24 pm

jamie_marchant wrote:Hmm I just realized if they smashed at the bottom and their where more baskets then you needed you could safely 'sacrifice' one and see if you can go there. Then the panic linking would make sense since you don't want to end up 'all smashed' like the baskets.

And then no one would ever want to make the jumps in Gahreesen... ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 am

Oh yeah! I just realized that! Wow you can fall a long way in MOULa. Oh well.
jamie_marchant

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:19 pm

jamie_marchant wrote:Oh yeah! I just realized that! Wow you can fall a long way in MOULa. Oh well.

In MOUL-based shards, it depends on each individual age. I can't tell, I would have to test with the /jump command inside TOC MOUL. I recall the numbers are changing from age to age.

In URU:CC-based shards & offline, the number is always 1,604 feet. One foot more & you are panic-linking out. And when you fall off, you do it at higher velocity :lol: 8-) .

You can't test, for example, in Gahreesen outdoors where there are some panic link regions already set in place by Cyan because you'll panic-link out before. You have to test it in a no panic-link region environment, it's very fun...
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:55 pm

For MOULa, You could use an internal client and disable panic link zones.
jamie_marchant

Postby Deledrius » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:06 pm

As a quick glance at the code without really looking into it, for MOULa it seems that it's based on airtime. Ten seconds in the air is a panic.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Wow... I really like the way we are identified in the code "BrainHuman" :lol: . So 10 seconds and that's it... thx for the info :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:14 pm

I imagine that the code is written in a way that they could be 'NPCs' with different 'Brains' and values.
jamie_marchant

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard