Gehn 19 fish baskets (oh no, what now?)

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn 19 fish baskets (oh no, what now?)

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:18 am

I started up a new avvie and found a bug that's new to me - nested Gira fish baskets! When I first checked the Age, I confirmed that the baskets don't vanish to the origin ( :D ), but the paired baskets seemed much harder to walk over than normal - I fell into the water four times until giving up. When I came back to Gira today and repositioned the basket that had moved to have yet another try, I discovered that it was possible to nest it into the other basket - afraid I don't know the technical term but clearly the first basket wasn't acting as though it was solid. This may be why I kept falling in?

I've not yet reset the age or tried to replicate this in other ways, but I took a screen shot.

nested fish baskets screen shot.docx
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
Acorn

Re: Gehn 19 fish baskets (oh no, what now?)

Postby Annabelle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:01 am

You can use the integrated SnippingTool of Windows 7 to take your snapshots. Type "SnippingTool" in Startup menu search engine, the app logo is a pair of scissors over a round white piece of paper. (see logo on snapshot below)

This way you can take a snapshot that is more efficient than the "Printscreen" function that grabs everything on your monitor. (---> It was a great way for me to know you're using Windows 7 though :lol: ;) )

Here's an example of its usage...with this post in an unfinished state ;)

Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 am

This is the same bug that causes logs and rocks to float in Relto. There's a special flag on some objects that says "hey, I want to start asleep!" and so when you link into the age, those objects are frozen in the world until a character bumps into them. I meant to fix this to only happen if the object hasn't ever been moved in the Gehn 18 release, didn't, and promptly forgot. :oops:
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 am

Annabelle wrote:You can use the integrated SnippingTool of Windows 7 to take your snapshots.

I knew as I was doing it that there had to be a better way! Thanks!

Annabelle wrote: (---> It was a great way for me to know you're using Windows 7 though :lol: ;) )

I did make sure that that those icons were the only things showing :lol: But I realise I did disclose my spider solitaire habit :roll:

Tsar Hoikas wrote:This is the same bug that causes logs and rocks to float in Relto. There's a special flag on some objects that says "hey, I want to start asleep!" and so when you link into the age, those objects are frozen in the world until a character bumps into them. I meant to fix this to only happen if the object hasn't ever been moved in the Gehn 18 release, didn't, and promptly forgot. :oops:

Thanks for explaining. Ah, well, Gehn 20 maybe? :lol: I reset the age and managed to complete it by walking VERY slowly and carefully over the baskets. 8-)
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 am

Acorn wrote:But I realise I did disclose my spider solitaire habit :roll:

You should be really ashamed of yourself... :lol:

One tip...hide it in a folder on your desktop called: "Games" ...I saw that ...hmm... somewhere ;)

---

When I saw the Spider Solitaire icon on your printscreen earlier, I started to laugh. I don't play that version, I find it too hard...I prefer being able to win almost everytime, it's good for the moral 8-)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Annabelle wrote: I don't play that version, I find it too hard...I prefer being able to win almost everytime, it's good for the moral 8-)

My win percentage is 23. I find good things are worth working a little harder for..... :lol:

sorry, TOTALLY off topic :oops: :lol:

so ok - here we go - bringing it back on track ......like completing Gira with the fish baskets! :twisted: ;)
Acorn

Postby jamie_marchant » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Does anyone know if anyone has ever fixed the 'issue' where you can lose the baskets if you push them off the waterfall?
jamie_marchant

Postby Annabelle » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:58 pm

jamie_marchant wrote:Does anyone know if anyone has ever fixed the 'issue' where you can lose the baskets if you push them off the waterfall?

I know the solution for this 'issue' Jamie: Don't push them off the waterfall.

Sorry I can't resist on this one ;) :lol:

I mean come on... it's like a kid caught with a hand in the cookie jar and saying... "I didn't do anything"
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 pm

jamie_marchant wrote:Does anyone know if anyone has ever fixed the 'issue' where you can lose the baskets if you push them off the waterfall?

Unfortunately that's not a bug. It's a design flaw in the puzzle itself. :/
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby jamie_marchant » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:38 pm

What if, if pushed off the water fall, they magic re-spawn back at they starting position. Although yes one does have to ask what one is doing pushing them off the waterfall in the first-place :lol:. Actually the first time I did that I wanted to see if it was safe to jump down their which it's not :evil:.
jamie_marchant

Next

Return to Gehn Shard