Drizzle & Gehn

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Drizzle & Gehn

Postby Nev'yn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am

Is there any way to get Drizzle to utilize the Gehn shard version of vothol gallery for CC instead of the AgeManager version from back in 2010?

Sorry for the trouble.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Re: Drizzle & Gehn

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:43 am

Isn't it up to the author to submit their Age updates to the UAM list?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 pm

@ Deledrius: yes, it's up to the author.

@ Nev'yn:
I don't know why you want the newer version on Drizzle though. The graphic quality on URU:CC isn't as great as on Gehn. There aren't much differences neither between the 2 versions. The globe of Noloben is replaced by a painting (nice one) and on the empty structures you see also paintings. I say paintings but they are surely stained glass windows.

You won't gain any graphic quality having the newer version on URU:CC. The best solution IMO is to keep things as they are right now:

visit the old version on URU:CC (via Drizzle or on a alcugs shard like DI)
visit the new version on Gehn or TOC MOUL.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

If you want to play the new version on Uru:CC, it should be possible to Transfuse it, but as Annabelle says you won't be gaining much.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Ehren » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Annabelle wrote:The globe of Noloben is replaced by a painting (nice one) and on the empty structures you see also paintings. I say paintings but they are surely stained glass windows.

I did find it odd that there was never the newer Vothol on the UAM list. Though I do think the loss of the globe is a bit of a shame.

That globe was not of Noloben, it was some unknown age. I wish we could go there, but as far as I know, we can't.

unknownage.jpg
unknownage.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 4480 times

Nev'yn wrote:Is there any way to get Drizzle to utilize the Gehn shard version of vothol gallery for CC instead of the AgeManager version from back in 2010?

Sorry for the trouble.

Okay, I tested this and it's actually fairly easy. First, delete all the Vothol files from the dat folder in your CC directory EXCEPT "vothol.sum".

Go to Drizzle's "Advanced" tab then under that the "Manual Conversion" tab then under that the "Moul" tab.

Ignore where it says "Moul folder" but DO set the "Output folder".

Click select on "Process a single file...". From there select the Gehn shard directory and its dat folder and find the file "vothol_District_Textures" click OK then click start to convert it then do the same to the file "vothol_District_visitorlink". Also, do "vothol.age" and "vothol.fni" though it will just copy those files to the correct location without giving a log message.

You should have the Gehn shard version for CC now.

If you didn't already have a 24 byte vothol.sum file you will need to make your own, the easiest thing to do is just to copy and rename another age's sum file, as long as it's one of the 24 bytes one.
Ehren

Postby Nev'yn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Oh, that is a neat lookin' age!

@Doobes: Sahru? ;)
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Doobes » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Nev'yn wrote:Oh, that is a neat lookin' age!

@Doobes: Sahru? ;)

Nope...but close! :P
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby diafero » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm

I can put the Gehn version of Vothol onto UAM if someone sends me the prp files - and in case that someone is not the author, if the author gives consent.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Gehn Shard